Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Dec 8, 2019
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Banks Stealing IP? [2]
Safaricom MALI. [30]
KenGen HY 2019 [312]
Centum half year result 2019/2020 [41]
Uchumi - A value play? [441]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1301]
Coop Bank 2019 [68]
ARM Cement HY18 [159]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14123]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [142]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2094]
Equity Bank FY 2018 net profit up 5% [116]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [203]
East African Cables [39]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [2039]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

3 Pages<123
Centum 2019/2020
Ericsson
#41 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 5:21:37 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
Ericsson wrote:
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has cancelled a sh.19.5 billion loan offer to a firm partly owned by Centum Investments over viability and environmental concerns raised by lobbies.
The EIB East Africa head Catherine Collin had last year said the Euros 155 million (Sh.19.5 billion) generation financing package to Akiira Geothermal Ltd "will be finalised soon."
The Centum consortium was expected to contribute sh.11.7 billion or 30% of the project's cost of sh.39 billion while the rest would be funded through commercial loans.
The EIB Deputy Head of Division Joan ManuelSterlin Balenciaga,however,said in communique dated October 10:"After careful consideration and due to the fact that the EIB has seen no progress on the Akiira Geothermal expansion project over the past three years,the EIB has formally decided not to pursue the appraisal of the project."


Link;https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/marketnews/EIB-cancels-Centum-geothermal-loan/3815534-5322194-3p7ou7/index.html
KaunganaDoDo
#42 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 8:19:35 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 199
Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has cancelled a sh.19.5 billion loan offer to a firm partly owned by Centum Investments over viability and environmental concerns raised by lobbies.
The EIB East Africa head Catherine Collin had last year said the Euros 155 million (Sh.19.5 billion) generation financing package to Akiira Geothermal Ltd "will be finalised soon."
The Centum consortium was expected to contribute sh.11.7 billion or 30% of the project's cost of sh.39 billion while the rest would be funded through commercial loans.
The EIB Deputy Head of Division Joan ManuelSterlin Balenciaga,however,said in communique dated October 10:"After careful consideration and due to the fact that the EIB has seen no progress on the Akiira Geothermal expansion project over the past three years,the EIB has formally decided not to pursue the appraisal of the project."
It's time for Centum to make a 100% provision for Akiira and Amu.



When Centum were offloading Almasi, James Mworia spoke of putting the money into equities. Any idea which stocks at NSE Centum are buying? Mworia is confident that this move will push capitalisation to kshs. 100 billion ala Centum 3.0.
I'm just following the money here


Am i small fish but i saw these shenanigans coming, how the Centum gurus or any other investor in these goal plants dint see this i wonder - based on the 'new' constitution. It was bound to be a fight with the locals and human rights individuals/organizations out to eat. Lakini yote ni sawa.


This is the geothermal power plant in Menengai


Its actually proposed site at the Longonot, just after KenGen Olkaria IV. They have been burnt beyond recognition. The risk with Geothermal energy is huge at the prospective, drilling stages....you drill so many directional wells of many km, only for it to turn out dry...dry wells...or small steam capacity...and one exploratory well costs around 6M USD....This is the primary reason the government formed GDC, to derisk the geothermal energy from these kinds of risks...GDC does the exploratory drilling, once they find the steam capable of running a power plant for 25 years, they sign Steam Supply Agreement with Power Generation Companies...like what they did with KenGen(Olkaria IV and Olkaria 1 unit IV &V, 280MW) ...KenGen pays GDC 2 US cents per kWh generated...the same applies to the menengai 105MW(35MW, orpower,35MW sosian, and 35MW Quantum...) the 3 IPPs will pay GDC 2 US cents per kWh once generation starts....But greedy firms like Centum ( AGIL & Akira Marine Power)who wants everything, will lose everything when their wells turn dry...All their wells turned dry...
Ericsson
#43 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 9:04:21 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has cancelled a sh.19.5 billion loan offer to a firm partly owned by Centum Investments over viability and environmental concerns raised by lobbies.
The EIB East Africa head Catherine Collin had last year said the Euros 155 million (Sh.19.5 billion) generation financing package to Akiira Geothermal Ltd "will be finalised soon."
The Centum consortium was expected to contribute sh.11.7 billion or 30% of the project's cost of sh.39 billion while the rest would be funded through commercial loans.
The EIB Deputy Head of Division Joan ManuelSterlin Balenciaga,however,said in communique dated October 10:"After careful consideration and due to the fact that the EIB has seen no progress on the Akiira Geothermal expansion project over the past three years,the EIB has formally decided not to pursue the appraisal of the project."
It's time for Centum to make a 100% provision for Akiira and Amu.



When Centum were offloading Almasi, James Mworia spoke of putting the money into equities. Any idea which stocks at NSE Centum are buying? Mworia is confident that this move will push capitalisation to kshs. 100 billion ala Centum 3.0.
I'm just following the money here


Am i small fish but i saw these shenanigans coming, how the Centum gurus or any other investor in these goal plants dint see this i wonder - based on the 'new' constitution. It was bound to be a fight with the locals and human rights individuals/organizations out to eat. Lakini yote ni sawa.


This is the geothermal power plant in Menengai


Its actually proposed site at the Longonot, just after KenGen Olkaria IV. They have been burnt beyond recognition. The risk with Geothermal energy is huge at the prospective, drilling stages....you drill so many directional wells of many km, only for it to turn out dry...dry wells...or small steam capacity...and one exploratory well costs around 6M USD....This is the primary reason the government formed GDC, to derisk the geothermal energy from these kinds of risks...GDC does the exploratory drilling, once they find the steam capable of running a power plant for 25 years, they sign Steam Supply Agreement with Power Generation Companies...like what they did with KenGen(Olkaria IV and Olkaria 1 unit IV &V, 280MW) ...KenGen pays GDC 2 US cents per kWh generated...the same applies to the menengai 105MW(35MW, orpower,35MW sosian, and 35MW Quantum...) the 3 IPPs will pay GDC 2 US cents per kWh once generation starts....But greedy firms like Centum ( AGIL & Akira Marine Power)who wants everything, will lose everything when their wells turn dry...All their wells turned dry...


Very well explained.
VituVingiSana
#44 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 9:10:09 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,582
Location: Nairobi
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has cancelled a sh.19.5 billion loan offer to a firm partly owned by Centum Investments over viability and environmental concerns raised by lobbies.
The EIB East Africa head Catherine Collin had last year said the Euros 155 million (Sh.19.5 billion) generation financing package to Akiira Geothermal Ltd "will be finalised soon."
The Centum consortium was expected to contribute sh.11.7 billion or 30% of the project's cost of sh.39 billion while the rest would be funded through commercial loans.
The EIB Deputy Head of Division Joan ManuelSterlin Balenciaga,however,said in communique dated October 10:"After careful consideration and due to the fact that the EIB has seen no progress on the Akiira Geothermal expansion project over the past three years,the EIB has formally decided not to pursue the appraisal of the project."
It's time for Centum to make a 100% provision for Akiira and Amu.



When Centum were offloading Almasi, James Mworia spoke of putting the money into equities. Any idea which stocks at NSE Centum are buying? Mworia is confident that this move will push capitalisation to kshs. 100 billion ala Centum 3.0.
I'm just following the money here


Am i small fish but i saw these shenanigans coming, how the Centum gurus or any other investor in these goal plants dint see this i wonder - based on the 'new' constitution. It was bound to be a fight with the locals and human rights individuals/organizations out to eat. Lakini yote ni sawa.


This is the geothermal power plant in Menengai


Its actually proposed site at the Longonot, just after KenGen Olkaria IV. They have been burnt beyond recognition. The risk with Geothermal energy is huge at the prospective, drilling stages....you drill so many directional wells of many km, only for it to turn out dry...dry wells...or small steam capacity...and one exploratory well costs around 6M USD....This is the primary reason the government formed GDC, to derisk the geothermal energy from these kinds of risks...GDC does the exploratory drilling, once they find the steam capable of running a power plant for 25 years, they sign Steam Supply Agreement with Power Generation Companies...like what they did with KenGen(Olkaria IV and Olkaria 1 unit IV &V, 280MW) ...KenGen pays GDC 2 US cents per kWh generated...the same applies to the menengai 105MW(35MW, orpower,35MW sosian, and 35MW Quantum...) the 3 IPPs will pay GDC 2 US cents per kWh once generation starts....But greedy firms like Centum ( AGIL & Akira Marine Power)who wants everything, will lose everything when their wells turn dry...All their wells turned dry...
Isn't it better for PRIVATE firms to lose money than the TAXPAYER?

Whereas I do not want Centum to lose money, in the bigger picture I would rather see PRIVATE investments and not GoK do so given the level of debt and corruption.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
KaunganaDoDo
#45 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 11:11:33 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 199
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has cancelled a sh.19.5 billion loan offer to a firm partly owned by Centum Investments over viability and environmental concerns raised by lobbies.
The EIB East Africa head Catherine Collin had last year said the Euros 155 million (Sh.19.5 billion) generation financing package to Akiira Geothermal Ltd "will be finalised soon."
The Centum consortium was expected to contribute sh.11.7 billion or 30% of the project's cost of sh.39 billion while the rest would be funded through commercial loans.
The EIB Deputy Head of Division Joan ManuelSterlin Balenciaga,however,said in communique dated October 10:"After careful consideration and due to the fact that the EIB has seen no progress on the Akiira Geothermal expansion project over the past three years,the EIB has formally decided not to pursue the appraisal of the project."
It's time for Centum to make a 100% provision for Akiira and Amu.



When Centum were offloading Almasi, James Mworia spoke of putting the money into equities. Any idea which stocks at NSE Centum are buying? Mworia is confident that this move will push capitalisation to kshs. 100 billion ala Centum 3.0.
I'm just following the money here


Am i small fish but i saw these shenanigans coming, how the Centum gurus or any other investor in these goal plants dint see this i wonder - based on the 'new' constitution. It was bound to be a fight with the locals and human rights individuals/organizations out to eat. Lakini yote ni sawa.


This is the geothermal power plant in Menengai


Its actually proposed site at the Longonot, just after KenGen Olkaria IV. They have been burnt beyond recognition. The risk with Geothermal energy is huge at the prospective, drilling stages....you drill so many directional wells of many km, only for it to turn out dry...dry wells...or small steam capacity...and one exploratory well costs around 6M USD....This is the primary reason the government formed GDC, to derisk the geothermal energy from these kinds of risks...GDC does the exploratory drilling, once they find the steam capable of running a power plant for 25 years, they sign Steam Supply Agreement with Power Generation Companies...like what they did with KenGen(Olkaria IV and Olkaria 1 unit IV &V, 280MW) ...KenGen pays GDC 2 US cents per kWh generated...the same applies to the menengai 105MW(35MW, orpower,35MW sosian, and 35MW Quantum...) the 3 IPPs will pay GDC 2 US cents per kWh once generation starts....But greedy firms like Centum ( AGIL & Akira Marine Power)who wants everything, will lose everything when their wells turn dry...All their wells turned dry...
Isn't it better for PRIVATE firms to lose money than the TAXPAYER?

Whereas I do not want Centum to lose money, in the bigger picture I would rather see PRIVATE investments and not GoK do so given the level of debt and corruption.


Hahaha. Energy Supply is a public good. But i see your point. Kuwa na Huruma kwa Centum....Only that the public sector has more experienced Geologists and Engineers who knows the smell of steam KMs away....Even Ethiopia is using KenGen Geologists/engineers...S
kawi254
#46 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 11:25:52 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 2/20/2015
Posts: 350
Location: Nairobi
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has cancelled a sh.19.5 billion loan offer to a firm partly owned by Centum Investments over viability and environmental concerns raised by lobbies.
The EIB East Africa head Catherine Collin had last year said the Euros 155 million (Sh.19.5 billion) generation financing package to Akiira Geothermal Ltd "will be finalised soon."
The Centum consortium was expected to contribute sh.11.7 billion or 30% of the project's cost of sh.39 billion while the rest would be funded through commercial loans.
The EIB Deputy Head of Division Joan ManuelSterlin Balenciaga,however,said in communique dated October 10:"After careful consideration and due to the fact that the EIB has seen no progress on the Akiira Geothermal expansion project over the past three years,the EIB has formally decided not to pursue the appraisal of the project."
It's time for Centum to make a 100% provision for Akiira and Amu.



When Centum were offloading Almasi, James Mworia spoke of putting the money into equities. Any idea which stocks at NSE Centum are buying? Mworia is confident that this move will push capitalisation to kshs. 100 billion ala Centum 3.0.
I'm just following the money here


Am i small fish but i saw these shenanigans coming, how the Centum gurus or any other investor in these goal plants dint see this i wonder - based on the 'new' constitution. It was bound to be a fight with the locals and human rights individuals/organizations out to eat. Lakini yote ni sawa.


This is the geothermal power plant in Menengai


Its actually proposed site at the Longonot, just after KenGen Olkaria IV. They have been burnt beyond recognition. The risk with Geothermal energy is huge at the prospective, drilling stages....you drill so many directional wells of many km, only for it to turn out dry...dry wells...or small steam capacity...and one exploratory well costs around 6M USD....This is the primary reason the government formed GDC, to derisk the geothermal energy from these kinds of risks...GDC does the exploratory drilling, once they find the steam capable of running a power plant for 25 years, they sign Steam Supply Agreement with Power Generation Companies...like what they did with KenGen(Olkaria IV and Olkaria 1 unit IV &V, 280MW) ...KenGen pays GDC 2 US cents per kWh generated...the same applies to the menengai 105MW(35MW, orpower,35MW sosian, and 35MW Quantum...) the 3 IPPs will pay GDC 2 US cents per kWh once generation starts....But greedy firms like Centum ( AGIL & Akira Marine Power)who wants everything, will lose everything when their wells turn dry...All their wells turned dry...
Isn't it better for PRIVATE firms to lose money than the TAXPAYER?

Whereas I do not want Centum to lose money, in the bigger picture I would rather see PRIVATE investments and not GoK do so given the level of debt and corruption.


Hahaha. Energy Supply is a public good. But i see your point. Kuwa na Huruma kwa Centum....Only that the public sector has more experienced Geologists and Engineers who knows the smell of steam KMs away....Even Ethiopia is using KenGen Geologists/engineers...S


Wasn't it KenGen that consulted & drilled for Akira the dry wells? I remember KenGen declaring some 1+ Billion of 'other income' from Geothermal consultancy some time back
Ericsson
#47 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 11:35:23 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has cancelled a sh.19.5 billion loan offer to a firm partly owned by Centum Investments over viability and environmental concerns raised by lobbies.
The EIB East Africa head Catherine Collin had last year said the Euros 155 million (Sh.19.5 billion) generation financing package to Akiira Geothermal Ltd "will be finalised soon."
The Centum consortium was expected to contribute sh.11.7 billion or 30% of the project's cost of sh.39 billion while the rest would be funded through commercial loans.
The EIB Deputy Head of Division Joan ManuelSterlin Balenciaga,however,said in communique dated October 10:"After careful consideration and due to the fact that the EIB has seen no progress on the Akiira Geothermal expansion project over the past three years,the EIB has formally decided not to pursue the appraisal of the project."
It's time for Centum to make a 100% provision for Akiira and Amu.



When Centum were offloading Almasi, James Mworia spoke of putting the money into equities. Any idea which stocks at NSE Centum are buying? Mworia is confident that this move will push capitalisation to kshs. 100 billion ala Centum 3.0.
I'm just following the money here


Am i small fish but i saw these shenanigans coming, how the Centum gurus or any other investor in these goal plants dint see this i wonder - based on the 'new' constitution. It was bound to be a fight with the locals and human rights individuals/organizations out to eat. Lakini yote ni sawa.


This is the geothermal power plant in Menengai


Its actually proposed site at the Longonot, just after KenGen Olkaria IV. They have been burnt beyond recognition. The risk with Geothermal energy is huge at the prospective, drilling stages....you drill so many directional wells of many km, only for it to turn out dry...dry wells...or small steam capacity...and one exploratory well costs around 6M USD....This is the primary reason the government formed GDC, to derisk the geothermal energy from these kinds of risks...GDC does the exploratory drilling, once they find the steam capable of running a power plant for 25 years, they sign Steam Supply Agreement with Power Generation Companies...like what they did with KenGen(Olkaria IV and Olkaria 1 unit IV &V, 280MW) ...KenGen pays GDC 2 US cents per kWh generated...the same applies to the menengai 105MW(35MW, orpower,35MW sosian, and 35MW Quantum...) the 3 IPPs will pay GDC 2 US cents per kWh once generation starts....But greedy firms like Centum ( AGIL & Akira Marine Power)who wants everything, will lose everything when their wells turn dry...All their wells turned dry...
Isn't it better for PRIVATE firms to lose money than the TAXPAYER?

Whereas I do not want Centum to lose money, in the bigger picture I would rather see PRIVATE investments and not GoK do so given the level of debt and corruption.


Hahaha. Energy Supply is a public good. But i see your point. Kuwa na Huruma kwa Centum....Only that the public sector has more experienced Geologists and Engineers who knows the smell of steam KMs away....Even Ethiopia is using KenGen Geologists/engineers...S


Ouch!!!
Ericsson
#48 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 11:38:10 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
kawi254 wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has cancelled a sh.19.5 billion loan offer to a firm partly owned by Centum Investments over viability and environmental concerns raised by lobbies.
The EIB East Africa head Catherine Collin had last year said the Euros 155 million (Sh.19.5 billion) generation financing package to Akiira Geothermal Ltd "will be finalised soon."
The Centum consortium was expected to contribute sh.11.7 billion or 30% of the project's cost of sh.39 billion while the rest would be funded through commercial loans.
The EIB Deputy Head of Division Joan ManuelSterlin Balenciaga,however,said in communique dated October 10:"After careful consideration and due to the fact that the EIB has seen no progress on the Akiira Geothermal expansion project over the past three years,the EIB has formally decided not to pursue the appraisal of the project."
It's time for Centum to make a 100% provision for Akiira and Amu.



When Centum were offloading Almasi, James Mworia spoke of putting the money into equities. Any idea which stocks at NSE Centum are buying? Mworia is confident that this move will push capitalisation to kshs. 100 billion ala Centum 3.0.
I'm just following the money here


Am i small fish but i saw these shenanigans coming, how the Centum gurus or any other investor in these goal plants dint see this i wonder - based on the 'new' constitution. It was bound to be a fight with the locals and human rights individuals/organizations out to eat. Lakini yote ni sawa.


This is the geothermal power plant in Menengai


Its actually proposed site at the Longonot, just after KenGen Olkaria IV. They have been burnt beyond recognition. The risk with Geothermal energy is huge at the prospective, drilling stages....you drill so many directional wells of many km, only for it to turn out dry...dry wells...or small steam capacity...and one exploratory well costs around 6M USD....This is the primary reason the government formed GDC, to derisk the geothermal energy from these kinds of risks...GDC does the exploratory drilling, once they find the steam capable of running a power plant for 25 years, they sign Steam Supply Agreement with Power Generation Companies...like what they did with KenGen(Olkaria IV and Olkaria 1 unit IV &V, 280MW) ...KenGen pays GDC 2 US cents per kWh generated...the same applies to the menengai 105MW(35MW, orpower,35MW sosian, and 35MW Quantum...) the 3 IPPs will pay GDC 2 US cents per kWh once generation starts....But greedy firms like Centum ( AGIL & Akira Marine Power)who wants everything, will lose everything when their wells turn dry...All their wells turned dry...
Isn't it better for PRIVATE firms to lose money than the TAXPAYER?

Whereas I do not want Centum to lose money, in the bigger picture I would rather see PRIVATE investments and not GoK do so given the level of debt and corruption.


Hahaha. Energy Supply is a public good. But i see your point. Kuwa na Huruma kwa Centum....Only that the public sector has more experienced Geologists and Engineers who knows the smell of steam KMs away....Even Ethiopia is using KenGen Geologists/engineers...S


Wasn't it KenGen that consulted & drilled for Akira the dry wells? I remember KenGen declaring some 1+ Billion of 'other income' from Geothermal consultancy some time back


https://www.businessdail...7500-fduew3z/index.html

Hapa enyewe it was greed by centum who wanted everything.
KaunganaDoDo
#49 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 12:01:27 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 199
kawi254 wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has cancelled a sh.19.5 billion loan offer to a firm partly owned by Centum Investments over viability and environmental concerns raised by lobbies.
The EIB East Africa head Catherine Collin had last year said the Euros 155 million (Sh.19.5 billion) generation financing package to Akiira Geothermal Ltd "will be finalised soon."
The Centum consortium was expected to contribute sh.11.7 billion or 30% of the project's cost of sh.39 billion while the rest would be funded through commercial loans.
The EIB Deputy Head of Division Joan ManuelSterlin Balenciaga,however,said in communique dated October 10:"After careful consideration and due to the fact that the EIB has seen no progress on the Akiira Geothermal expansion project over the past three years,the EIB has formally decided not to pursue the appraisal of the project."
It's time for Centum to make a 100% provision for Akiira and Amu.



When Centum were offloading Almasi, James Mworia spoke of putting the money into equities. Any idea which stocks at NSE Centum are buying? Mworia is confident that this move will push capitalisation to kshs. 100 billion ala Centum 3.0.
I'm just following the money here


Am i small fish but i saw these shenanigans coming, how the Centum gurus or any other investor in these goal plants dint see this i wonder - based on the 'new' constitution. It was bound to be a fight with the locals and human rights individuals/organizations out to eat. Lakini yote ni sawa.


This is the geothermal power plant in Menengai


Its actually proposed site at the Longonot, just after KenGen Olkaria IV. They have been burnt beyond recognition. The risk with Geothermal energy is huge at the prospective, drilling stages....you drill so many directional wells of many km, only for it to turn out dry...dry wells...or small steam capacity...and one exploratory well costs around 6M USD....This is the primary reason the government formed GDC, to derisk the geothermal energy from these kinds of risks...GDC does the exploratory drilling, once they find the steam capable of running a power plant for 25 years, they sign Steam Supply Agreement with Power Generation Companies...like what they did with KenGen(Olkaria IV and Olkaria 1 unit IV &V, 280MW) ...KenGen pays GDC 2 US cents per kWh generated...the same applies to the menengai 105MW(35MW, orpower,35MW sosian, and 35MW Quantum...) the 3 IPPs will pay GDC 2 US cents per kWh once generation starts....But greedy firms like Centum ( AGIL & Akira Marine Power)who wants everything, will lose everything when their wells turn dry...All their wells turned dry...
Isn't it better for PRIVATE firms to lose money than the TAXPAYER?

Whereas I do not want Centum to lose money, in the bigger picture I would rather see PRIVATE investments and not GoK do so given the level of debt and corruption.


Hahaha. Energy Supply is a public good. But i see your point. Kuwa na Huruma kwa Centum....Only that the public sector has more experienced Geologists and Engineers who knows the smell of steam KMs away....Even Ethiopia is using KenGen Geologists/engineers...S


Wasn't it KenGen that consulted & drilled for Akira the dry wells? I remember KenGen declaring some 1+ Billion of 'other income' from Geothermal consultancy some time back


I think KenGen leased them their drilling rigs...even if KenGen were to be the consultants, they dont take the risk...
Ericsson
#50 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 11:01:44 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
https://www.news9.co.ke/...after-stiff-competition

Chandarana Supermarket, Two Rivers branch, has been closed after suffering two-and-a half year of stiff competition from Carrefour, a giant international retail store.

The retail store closed its doors on Monday 21, relocating to Ridge Ways Mall along Kiambu-Nairobi high way.

Plans to relocate begun early July when the Supermarket failed to repair its entrance door, which remained closed throughout its operations.
Ericsson
#51 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 2:51:44 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
Angelica _ann
#52 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 3:28:46 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 10,980
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/marketnews/AfDB-decides-not-to-fund-Kenya-coal-project/3815534-5347600-um43gfz/index.html

Amu power dead


This i knew would not work since the bidding process started, yet am a small tiny 'fishsmile ' in the investment world smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#53 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 11:42:29 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 7,719
Location: NAIROBI
We look forward to welcoming our shareholders and interested investors to our HY 2019/2020 Results Release and Investor Briefing to be held on 28th November 2019 @ 07:00
VituVingiSana
#54 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 11:44:26 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,582
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
We look forward to welcoming our shareholders and interested investors to our HY 2019/2020 Results Release and Investor Briefing to be held on 28th November 2019 @ 07:00

Dancing Dancing Dancing
I expect a super profit to be announced given the same of Almasi.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2019 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.