Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Monday, Jul 6, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [15007]
Uchumi - A value play? [510]
Building an Apartment Block [7]
Why dustbowl is the future [559]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [502]
VituVingiSana's MIGHTY road to wealth. Take notes! [63]
WPP ScanGroup Plc FY 2019 [16]
Equity Bank 2020 [42]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1207]
Realities of Forex Investment [3910]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [371]
KCB buy buy buy [1189]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2196]
Speculating in cryptocurrencies: A rough approach [272]
Coop Bank 2019 [107]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

11 Pages«<56789>»
Kenya Power HY 2019
VituVingiSana
#121 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 11:21:32 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,084
Location: Nairobi
kawi254 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Mombasa-Cement-to-build-wind-plant/4003102-5352192-8ymthsz/index.html

Mombasa Cement Company set up its 36-megawatt wind farm in Kilifi for its operations due to the high cost of electricity and inefficient supply that have seen other companies also shift from relying on Kenya Power.


Devki has a 15MW coal plant in Kajiado. Can Wind Power offer stable supply? With no PPA with KPLC what they will do with power generated during their off peak when wind blows?
From what I understand, a "normal" cement plant has some part of its operation (grinding/kiln) on 24/7 given the nature of the product so it can't rely 100% on wind power.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Balaa
#122 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 11:21:33 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/6/2018
Posts: 132
Location: Kinshasa
Somebody give a copy of the old classic "Who Moved My Cheese" by Spencer Johnson to the Kplc BoD/Management. They must be deluded that they are still "too big to fail" or can't be disrupted.
Ericsson
#123 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 11:25:46 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,551
Location: NAIROBI
kawi254 wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Mombasa-Cement-to-build-wind-plant/4003102-5352192-8ymthsz/index.html

Mombasa Cement Company set up its 36-megawatt wind farm in Kilifi for its operations due to the high cost of electricity and inefficient supply that have seen other companies also shift from relying on Kenya Power.


Devki has a 15MW coal plant in Kajiado. Can Wind Power offer stable supply? With no PPA with KPLC what they will do with power generated during their off peak when wind blows?


Switch off the turbines Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
kenyan2019
#124 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:57:54 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 12/30/2018
Posts: 51
Kenya Power pushes for 20pc electricity bill hike The listed utility firm has sought approval from the Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA) — the electricity sector regulator — for the raising of tariffs to reverse its reducing profitability and review the temporary reduction of power charges that expired in July.

https://www.businessdail...2726-13wwxyp/index.html via @BD_Africa
Angelica _ann
#125 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 11:08:58 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,596
kenyan2019 wrote:
Kenya Power pushes for 20pc electricity bill hike The listed utility firm has sought approval from the Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA) — the electricity sector regulator — for the raising of tariffs to reverse its reducing profitability and review the temporary reduction of power charges that expired in July.

https://www.businessdail...2726-13wwxyp/index.html via @BD_Africa


20%, that is too much yawa. This will impact on the cost of doing business in Kenya.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
KaunganaDoDo
#126 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 12:28:40 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 248
Angelica _ann wrote:
kenyan2019 wrote:
Kenya Power pushes for 20pc electricity bill hike The listed utility firm has sought approval from the Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA) — the electricity sector regulator — for the raising of tariffs to reverse its reducing profitability and review the temporary reduction of power charges that expired in July.

https://www.businessdail...2726-13wwxyp/index.html via @BD_Africa


20%, that is too much yawa. This will impact on the cost of doing business in Kenya.


Much of this should be going to KENGEN (Olkaria V-158MW) Ethiopia 200MW, KIPETO 100MW, other solars 200MW within the next 2 years
Extraterrestrial
#127 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 9:26:46 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2018
Posts: 146
Location: Mars
Angelica _ann
#128 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2019 3:07:05 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,596
Results, was there an extension from 30th November & if yes to what date?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#129 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2019 4:14:09 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,551
Location: NAIROBI
Angelica _ann wrote:
Results, was there an extension from 30th November & if yes to what date?


Results till next year

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...mat=jpg&name=900x900
KaunganaDoDo
#130 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2019 5:01:04 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 248
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=Angelica _ann]Results, was there an extension from 30th November & if yes to what date?


Results till next year

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...at=jpg&name=900x900[/quote]

Its the AGM that has been pushed to next year, not the Financials...before you eat Christmas, the financials will be out...infact they can be sneaked out when people are going for the Midnight Carols service...and BOOOOM
Ericsson
#131 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2019 5:14:47 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,551
Location: NAIROBI
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=Angelica _ann]Results, was there an extension from 30th November & if yes to what date?


Results till next year

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...at=jpg&name=900x900[/quote]

Its the AGM that has been pushed to next year, not the Financials...before you eat Christmas, the financials will be out...infact they can be sneaked out when people are going for the Midnight Carols service...and BOOOOM


Auditor General not yet nominated.
After nomination by the president he has to be vetted and approved by Parliament.
Parliament is going for recess from Thursday 5th December 2019 to 10th February 2020

http://www.parliament.go...AR_2018_APPROVED_3_0.pdf
VituVingiSana
#132 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2019 7:05:48 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,084
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=Angelica _ann]Results, was there an extension from 30th November & if yes to what date?


Results till next year

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...at=jpg&name=900x900[/quote]

Its the AGM that has been pushed to next year, not the Financials...before you eat Christmas, the financials will be out...infact they can be sneaked out when people are going for the Midnight Carols service...and BOOOOM


Auditor General not yet nominated.
After nomination by the president he has to be vetted and approved by Parliament.
Parliament is going for recess from Thursday 5th December 2019 to 10th February 2020
http://www.parliament.go...R_2018_APPROVED_3_0.pdf
Wah! At this rate, the FY results will released with the HY results! Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
KaunganaDoDo
#133 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2019 7:38:05 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 248
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
[quote=Ericsson][quote=Angelica _ann]Results, was there an extension from 30th November & if yes to what date?


Results till next year

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...at=jpg&name=900x900[/quote]

Its the AGM that has been pushed to next year, not the Financials...before you eat Christmas, the financials will be out...infact they can be sneaked out when people are going for the Midnight Carols service...and BOOOOM


Auditor General not yet nominated.
After nomination by the president he has to be vetted and approved by Parliament.
Parliament is going for recess from Thursday 5th December 2019 to 10th February 2020

http://www.parliament.go...R_2018_APPROVED_3_0.pdf[/quote]

The law gives the president maximum of 7 days to submit the name to parliament once he has been given the 3 nominees. Parliament has 3 days to confirm or reject the nominees once they receive the nominee from president. The committee and the assembly will convene even during recess...so Its highly expected that before end of the week, the nominee will be in National Assembly, and approval pronto
VituVingiSana
#134 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2019 11:07:52 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,084
Location: Nairobi
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
[quote=Ericsson][quote=Angelica _ann]Results, was there an extension from 30th November & if yes to what date?


Results till next year

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...at=jpg&name=900x900[/quote]

Its the AGM that has been pushed to next year, not the Financials...before you eat Christmas, the financials will be out...infact they can be sneaked out when people are going for the Midnight Carols service...and BOOOOM


Auditor General not yet nominated.
After nomination by the president he has to be vetted and approved by Parliament.
Parliament is going for recess from Thursday 5th December 2019 to 10th February 2020

http://www.parliament.go...R_2018_APPROVED_3_0.pdf[/quote]

The law gives the president maximum of 7 days to submit the name to parliament once he has been given the 3 nominees. Parliament has 3 days to confirm or reject the nominees once they receive the nominee from president. The committee and the assembly will convene even during recess...so Its highly expected that before end of the week, the nominee will be in National Assembly, and approval pronto

What if he refuses to submit one of the 3 names?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
KaunganaDoDo
#135 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2019 7:47:10 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 248
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
[quote=Ericsson][quote=Angelica _ann]Results, was there an extension from 30th November & if yes to what date?


Results till next year

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...at=jpg&name=900x900[/quote]

Its the AGM that has been pushed to next year, not the Financials...before you eat Christmas, the financials will be out...infact they can be sneaked out when people are going for the Midnight Carols service...and BOOOOM


Auditor General not yet nominated.
After nomination by the president he has to be vetted and approved by Parliament.
Parliament is going for recess from Thursday 5th December 2019 to 10th February 2020

http://www.parliament.go...R_2018_APPROVED_3_0.pdf[/quote]

The law gives the president maximum of 7 days to submit the name to parliament once he has been given the 3 nominees. Parliament has 3 days to confirm or reject the nominees once they receive the nominee from president. The committee and the assembly will convene even during recess...so Its highly expected that before end of the week, the nominee will be in National Assembly, and approval pronto

What if he refuses to submit one of the 3 names?


He is obliged. Anything else is high crime and misdemeanors...We impeach him
VituVingiSana
#136 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2019 9:27:57 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,084
Location: Nairobi
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
[quote=Ericsson][quote=Angelica _ann]Results, was there an extension from 30th November & if yes to what date?


Results till next year

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...at=jpg&name=900x900[/quote]

Its the AGM that has been pushed to next year, not the Financials...before you eat Christmas, the financials will be out...infact they can be sneaked out when people are going for the Midnight Carols service...and BOOOOM


Auditor General not yet nominated.
After nomination by the president he has to be vetted and approved by Parliament.
Parliament is going for recess from Thursday 5th December 2019 to 10th February 2020

http://www.parliament.go...R_2018_APPROVED_3_0.pdf[/quote]

The law gives the president maximum of 7 days to submit the name to parliament once he has been given the 3 nominees. Parliament has 3 days to confirm or reject the nominees once they receive the nominee from president. The committee and the assembly will convene even during recess...so Its highly expected that before end of the week, the nominee will be in National Assembly, and approval pronto

What if he refuses to submit one of the 3 names?


He is obliged. Anything else is high crime and misdemeanors...We impeach him
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly "We" ni nani?
Anyway, I am in the same boat given my Kenya Re but I have a little more time.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#137 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2019 11:47:36 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,551
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
[quote=Ericsson][quote=Angelica _ann]Results, was there an extension from 30th November & if yes to what date?


Results till next year

https://pbs.twimg.com/me...at=jpg&name=900x900[/quote]

Its the AGM that has been pushed to next year, not the Financials...before you eat Christmas, the financials will be out...infact they can be sneaked out when people are going for the Midnight Carols service...and BOOOOM


Auditor General not yet nominated.
After nomination by the president he has to be vetted and approved by Parliament.
Parliament is going for recess from Thursday 5th December 2019 to 10th February 2020

http://www.parliament.go...R_2018_APPROVED_3_0.pdf[/quote]

The law gives the president maximum of 7 days to submit the name to parliament once he has been given the 3 nominees. Parliament has 3 days to confirm or reject the nominees once they receive the nominee from president. The committee and the assembly will convene even during recess...so Its highly expected that before end of the week, the nominee will be in National Assembly, and approval pronto

What if he refuses to submit one of the 3 names?


He is obliged. Anything else is high crime and misdemeanors...We impeach him
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly "We" ni nani?
Anyway, I am in the same boat given my Kenya Re but I have a little more time.


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Extraterrestrial
#138 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2019 8:14:08 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2018
Posts: 146
Location: Mars
KaunganaDoDo
#139 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2019 8:14:48 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 248
Extraterrestrial wrote:
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Long-wait-Edward-Ouko-successor/1056-5373364-4od018z/index.html


LONG WAIT INDEED...But this should be the period to EXIT from KPLC . Dont wait for the stampede next year. You can always come back when things Improve or concerted efforts are made to improve the situation. Half Year Should be a loss, if not full year.

Anyway, as St Pauls Tell the Galatians...YoU know what sort of time we live in, and so you should live properly....its TIME TO WAKE UP... the Hour when Christ will come back is nearer now than when we first put our faith in the lord....
heri
#140 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2019 8:27:20 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/14/2011
Posts: 746
Location: nairobi
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Long-wait-Edward-Ouko-successor/1056-5373364-4od018z/index.html


LONG WAIT INDEED...But this should be the period to EXIT from KPLC . Dont wait for the stampede next year. You can always come back when things Improve or concerted efforts are made to improve the situation. Half Year Should be a loss, if not full year.

Anyway, as St Pauls Tell the Galatians...YoU know what sort of time we live in, and so you should live properly....its TIME TO WAKE UP... the Hour when Christ will come back is nearer now than when we first put our faith in the lord....


wow. Indeed we live in perilous times of thieving kila kitu. is it time to accumulate KENGEN? or also to exit
Users browsing this topic
Guest
11 Pages«<56789>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.