Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Sep 29, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
VituVingiSana's MIGHTY road to wealth. Take notes! [104]
JUBILEE HOLDINGS [47]
Kenya Economy Watch [2544]
CIC Insurance 2019 [112]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3645]
Equity Bank 2020 [59]
Land Speculation Remastered [90]
Is it the right time to buy CENTUM? [50]
2021 Dividend Draught Projections [14]
411 on dividend and AGM [959]
Coop Bank 2019 [151]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [420]
KCB buy buy buy [1241]
Centum half year result 2019/2020 [50]
Unga Group FY 2019 profit down 30% [15]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages«<678
ARM Cement HY18
VituVingiSana
#141 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 9:46:08 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,208
Location: Nairobi
wukan wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Even though I have no interest in ARM - my shares are worthless - I hope ARM succeeds under the new owners. It gladdens my heart to see local firms succeed.
Those jobs create a cascading benefit for the communities and for Kenyans.



@Obiero
Perform the final rites for this counter then we close the thread.


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly first answer my question......when do the fake shares disappear from our CDs accounts?


It's a cremation ceremony with so many wazuans burnt to recognition. @xxxxx woiPray please hit the switch, the ashes will be collected later.
Like the 1000 notes. https://www.the-star.co....1000-notes-upon-expiry/ Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#142 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 10:03:18 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,866
Location: NAIROBI
xxxxx wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Even though I have no interest in ARM - my shares are worthless - I hope ARM succeeds under the new owners. It gladdens my heart to see local firms succeed.
Those jobs create a cascading benefit for the communities and for Kenyans.



@Obiero
Perform the final rites for this counter then we close the thread.


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly first answer my question......when do the fake shares disappear from our CDs accounts?


Fake shares disappear after acquisition approval by Competition Authority and delisting approval by CMA
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Fyatu
#143 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 11:53:22 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/20/2011
Posts: 1,742
Location: Nakuru
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Even though I have no interest in ARM - my shares are worthless - I hope ARM succeeds under the new owners. It gladdens my heart to see local firms succeed.
Those jobs create a cascading benefit for the communities and for Kenyans.


@Obiero
Perform the final rites for this counter then we close the thread.

I nominate @xxxxx or @Fyatu.
@Obiero will get his chance at another counter. Probably in 2020/21.



A letter to shareholders should suffice explaining how the measly Kshs. 16 billion has been shared by creditors. The CMA and/or administrators owe us(shareholders) one.

Only then shall we sing "luwere Nyasaye amulinde". The lessons learnt here have been bitter, but i soldier on.

On the other hand, Some wealthsmiths located on Waiyaki way had impaired approximately Kshs. 1 billions that ARM and others owed them. I am guessing their books will now look rather pretty once the undertaker is done here...i speak in code
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Ericsson
#144 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 12:48:47 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,866
Location: NAIROBI
Tycoon Jaswant Rai has lost the billionaire court fight to buy troubled cement maker Athi River Mining (ARM) for Sh6.5 billion to rival businessman Narendra Raval ‘Guru’ of National Cement.

The High Court yesterday gave Mr Raval the green light to acquire Kenya’s second-biggest cement maker for Sh5 billion, raising doubts that a consortium, including Mr Rai and former ARM chief executive and owner Pradeep Paunrana, could raise their Sh6.5 billion offer.

Justice Mary Kasango said Mr Rai was not part of the court process challenging the sale and that his late inclusion in the Sh6.5 billion offer introduced ‘hidden’ clauses the court was not privy to.

https://www.businessdail...289342-eshxuy/index.html
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Fyatu
#145 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 1:07:06 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/20/2011
Posts: 1,742
Location: Nakuru
Ericsson wrote:
Tycoon Jaswant Rai has lost the billionaire court fight to buy troubled cement maker Athi River Mining (ARM) for Sh6.5 billion to rival businessman Narendra Raval ‘Guru’ of National Cement.

The High Court yesterday gave Mr Raval the green light to acquire Kenya’s second-biggest cement maker for Sh5 billion, raising doubts that a consortium, including Mr Rai and former ARM chief executive and owner Pradeep Paunrana, could raise their Sh6.5 billion offer.

Justice Mary Kasango said Mr Rai was not part of the court process challenging the sale and that his late inclusion in the Sh6.5 billion offer introduced ‘hidden’ clauses the court was not privy to.

https://www.businessdail...89342-eshxuy/index.html




Business daily should stop reporting the obvious and focus on telling Kenyans what happens next now that ARM has been sold.

The question on everyones mouth is how the carcass is going to be shared...Who gets what and who gets nothing...?

sio kizungu mingi ya sijui JS Rai, Paunrana etc

Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
xxxxx
#146 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 2:27:54 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/20/2008
Posts: 502
Fyatu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Tycoon Jaswant Rai has lost the billionaire court fight to buy troubled cement maker Athi River Mining (ARM) for Sh6.5 billion to rival businessman Narendra Raval ‘Guru’ of National Cement.

The High Court yesterday gave Mr Raval the green light to acquire Kenya’s second-biggest cement maker for Sh5 billion, raising doubts that a consortium, including Mr Rai and former ARM chief executive and owner Pradeep Paunrana, could raise their Sh6.5 billion offer.

Justice Mary Kasango said Mr Rai was not part of the court process challenging the sale and that his late inclusion in the Sh6.5 billion offer introduced ‘hidden’ clauses the court was not privy to.

https://www.businessdail...89342-eshxuy/index.html




Business daily should stop reporting the obvious and focus on telling Kenyans what happens next now that ARM has been sold.

The question on everyones mouth is how the carcass is going to be shared...Who gets what and who gets nothing...?

sio kizungu mingi ya sijui JS Rai, Paunrana etc



Comrade Fyatu.....U and other Wanjiku equity investors get NOTHING... Time to move on broLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . You heard it here first. Ask @VVS to lend u his pen so you can also write off your position in ARM.
Fyatu
#147 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 3:20:40 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/20/2011
Posts: 1,742
Location: Nakuru
xxxxx wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Tycoon Jaswant Rai has lost the billionaire court fight to buy troubled cement maker Athi River Mining (ARM) for Sh6.5 billion to rival businessman Narendra Raval ‘Guru’ of National Cement.

The High Court yesterday gave Mr Raval the green light to acquire Kenya’s second-biggest cement maker for Sh5 billion, raising doubts that a consortium, including Mr Rai and former ARM chief executive and owner Pradeep Paunrana, could raise their Sh6.5 billion offer.

Justice Mary Kasango said Mr Rai was not part of the court process challenging the sale and that his late inclusion in the Sh6.5 billion offer introduced ‘hidden’ clauses the court was not privy to.

https://www.businessdail...89342-eshxuy/index.html




Business daily should stop reporting the obvious and focus on telling Kenyans what happens next now that ARM has been sold.

The question on everyones mouth is how the carcass is going to be shared...Who gets what and who gets nothing...?

sio kizungu mingi ya sijui JS Rai, Paunrana etc



Comrade Fyatu.....U and other Wanjiku equity investors get NOTHING... Time to move on broLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . You heard it here first. Ask @VVS to lend u his pen so you can also write off your position in ARM.


A bitter pill to swallow this...reminds of chloroquine back in the day.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
xxxxx
#148 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 3:33:28 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/20/2008
Posts: 502
Fyatu wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Tycoon Jaswant Rai has lost the billionaire court fight to buy troubled cement maker Athi River Mining (ARM) for Sh6.5 billion to rival businessman Narendra Raval ‘Guru’ of National Cement.

The High Court yesterday gave Mr Raval the green light to acquire Kenya’s second-biggest cement maker for Sh5 billion, raising doubts that a consortium, including Mr Rai and former ARM chief executive and owner Pradeep Paunrana, could raise their Sh6.5 billion offer.

Justice Mary Kasango said Mr Rai was not part of the court process challenging the sale and that his late inclusion in the Sh6.5 billion offer introduced ‘hidden’ clauses the court was not privy to.

https://www.businessdail...89342-eshxuy/index.html




Business daily should stop reporting the obvious and focus on telling Kenyans what happens next now that ARM has been sold.

The question on everyones mouth is how the carcass is going to be shared...Who gets what and who gets nothing...?

sio kizungu mingi ya sijui JS Rai, Paunrana etc



Comrade Fyatu.....U and other Wanjiku equity investors get NOTHING... Time to move on broLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . You heard it here first. Ask @VVS to lend u his pen so you can also write off your position in ARM.


A bitter pill to swallow this...reminds of chloroquine back in the day.


Worry not coz we've all swallowed it...and every dog gets its day in the sun....Many more are due to face it after us.
Fyatu
#149 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 3:52:32 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/20/2011
Posts: 1,742
Location: Nakuru
xxxxx wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Tycoon Jaswant Rai has lost the billionaire court fight to buy troubled cement maker Athi River Mining (ARM) for Sh6.5 billion to rival businessman Narendra Raval ‘Guru’ of National Cement.

The High Court yesterday gave Mr Raval the green light to acquire Kenya’s second-biggest cement maker for Sh5 billion, raising doubts that a consortium, including Mr Rai and former ARM chief executive and owner Pradeep Paunrana, could raise their Sh6.5 billion offer.

Justice Mary Kasango said Mr Rai was not part of the court process challenging the sale and that his late inclusion in the Sh6.5 billion offer introduced ‘hidden’ clauses the court was not privy to.

https://www.businessdail...89342-eshxuy/index.html




Business daily should stop reporting the obvious and focus on telling Kenyans what happens next now that ARM has been sold.

The question on everyones mouth is how the carcass is going to be shared...Who gets what and who gets nothing...?

sio kizungu mingi ya sijui JS Rai, Paunrana etc



Comrade Fyatu.....U and other Wanjiku equity investors get NOTHING... Time to move on broLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . You heard it here first. Ask @VVS to lend u his pen so you can also write off your position in ARM.


A bitter pill to swallow this...reminds of chloroquine back in the day.


Worry not coz we've all swallowed it...and every dog gets its day in the sun....Many more are due to face it after us.



Asante sana
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
sparkly
#150 Posted : Thursday, October 03, 2019 8:38:25 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,891
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Chinese building materials manufacturer Huaxin Cement Company has acquired ARM Cement’s Tanzania subsidiary, Maweni Limestone Ltd., for $116 million (Sh11.95 billion).

https://www.construction...huaxin-maweni-limestone/
Life is short. Live passionately.
xxxxx
#151 Posted : Thursday, October 03, 2019 8:42:50 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/20/2008
Posts: 502
[quote=sparkly]Chinese building materials manufacturer Huaxin Cement Company has acquired ARM Cement’s Tanzania subsidiary, Maweni Limestone Ltd., for $116 million (Sh11.95 billion).

https://www.construction...uaxin-maweni-limestone/[/quote]

I thought this thread was closed with last funeral rights by Obiero.....@Sparkly, please let us grieve in peaceLaughing out loudly
Ericsson
#152 Posted : Thursday, October 03, 2019 9:44:45 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,866
Location: NAIROBI
[quote=sparkly]Chinese building materials manufacturer Huaxin Cement Company has acquired ARM Cement’s Tanzania subsidiary, Maweni Limestone Ltd., for $116 million (Sh11.95 billion).

https://www.construction...uaxin-maweni-limestone/[/quote]

@sparkly This was shared last week
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
sparkly
#153 Posted : Thursday, October 03, 2019 9:32:17 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,891
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=sparkly]Chinese building materials manufacturer Huaxin Cement Company has acquired ARM Cement’s Tanzania subsidiary, Maweni Limestone Ltd., for $116 million (Sh11.95 billion).

https://www.construction...uaxin-maweni-limestone/[/quote]

@sparkly This was shared last week


Didn't see it. Apologies for duplication though
Life is short. Live passionately.
Angelica _ann
#154 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2019 1:47:40 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,703
British fund writes off Sh14bn investment in ARM Cement


https://www.businessdail...73628-93jf8jz/index.html
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Receptor
#155 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2019 2:01:17 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 7/1/2019
Posts: 62
Angelica _ann wrote:
British fund writes off Sh14bn investment in ARM Cement


https://www.businessdail...3628-93jf8jz/index.html



Wow! 14b to 372m in two years. This is serious.
Ericsson
#156 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2019 2:02:40 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,866
Location: NAIROBI
Receptor wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
British fund writes off Sh14bn investment in ARM Cement


https://www.businessdail...3628-93jf8jz/index.html



Wow! 14b to 372m in two years. This is serious.


They don't care,after all its UK government/taxpayers money
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Extraterrestrial
#157 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2019 4:34:50 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/17/2018
Posts: 150
Location: Mars
Ericsson wrote:
Receptor wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
British fund writes off Sh14bn investment in ARM Cement


https://www.businessdail...3628-93jf8jz/index.html



Wow! 14b to 372m in two years. This is serious.


They don't care,after all its UK government/taxpayers money


Hardly a blip in a £4.3 billion portfolio.
Receptor
#158 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2019 4:39:24 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 7/1/2019
Posts: 62
Extraterrestrial wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Receptor wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
British fund writes off Sh14bn investment in ARM Cement


https://www.businessdail...3628-93jf8jz/index.html



Wow! 14b to 372m in two years. This is serious.


They don't care,after all its UK government/taxpayers money


Hardly a blip in a £4.3 billion portfolio.


So existing ARM shareholders will receive 0.93 cents per share going by the revelations of this article?
FUNKY
#159 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2019 7:00:41 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/30/2010
Posts: 1,623
Receptor wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Receptor wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
British fund writes off Sh14bn investment in ARM Cement


https://www.businessdail...3628-93jf8jz/index.html



Wow! 14b to 372m in two years. This is serious.


They don't care,after all its UK government/taxpayers money


Hardly a blip in a £4.3 billion portfolio.


So existing ARM shareholders will receive 0.93 cents per share going by the revelations of this article?


Something is better then nothing Applause
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
8 Pages«<678
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.