Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Wednesday, Oct 21, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
FEATURE  

LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Equity Bank 2020 [61]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [433]
411 on dividend and AGM [965]
Kenya Power HY 2019 [275]
CIC Insurance 2019 [121]
Why dustbowl is the future [679]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [14]
Is it the right time to buy CENTUM? [69]
KenyaRe FY19 - FY23 (Both Inclusive) [571]
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough [2069]
KenGen HY 2019 [594]
TransCentury PLC Proposed Delisting [11]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2855]
Treasury Bills and Bonds [1421]
Bitcoin: Does it have a future ? [1259]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

113 Pages«<111112113
Exchange Bar: Results forecast
Queen
#2241 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2020 8:55:04 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/21/2018
Posts: 410
Location: Britain
young wrote:
Queen wrote:
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q2 2020, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 18.2 Actual 12.8
EQTY 14 Actual 11.9
COOP 10.2 Actual 9.6
I&M 6.9 Actual 4.5
ABSA 6.2 Actual 3.3
SCBK 6.1 Actual 5.1
DTB 5.8 Actual 4.48
NCBA 4.8 Actual 3.91
STANB 4.2 Actual 4.1
HFCK 0.042 Actual -0.296

A tragedy at ABSA.. Expect worse results in Q3 for all banks as the restructuring denies core interest income and provisions rise


Except for Coop Bank, everything else is a total disaster.


Not exactly . Some others are still manageable based on current covid situation .
Take a look further on the details like PAT, EPS etc you will realize that in addition to COOP, then KCB, EQITY, NCBA are fairly ok but on discounted price of 10% of the current price which is achievable when market correction sets in occasioned by short term taking of profits by investors .


The problem is that Covid shall be with us for a while and even pre-covid, the situation was still dire.
young
#2242 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 1:50:35 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2007
Posts: 1,963
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Queen wrote:
young wrote:
Queen wrote:
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q2 2020, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 18.2 Actual 12.8
EQTY 14 Actual 11.9
COOP 10.2 Actual 9.6
I&M 6.9 Actual 4.5
ABSA 6.2 Actual 3.3
SCBK 6.1 Actual 5.1
DTB 5.8 Actual 4.48
NCBA 4.8 Actual 3.91
STANB 4.2 Actual 4.1
HFCK 0.042 Actual -0.296

A tragedy at ABSA.. Expect worse results in Q3 for all banks as the restructuring denies core interest income and provisions rise


Except for Coop Bank, everything else is a total disaster.


Not exactly . Some others are still manageable based on current covid situation .
Take a look further on the details like PAT, EPS etc you will realize that in addition to COOP, then KCB, EQITY, NCBA are fairly ok but on discounted price of 10% of the current price which is achievable when market correction sets in occasioned by short term taking of profits by investors .


The problem is that Covid shall be with us for a while and even pre-covid, the situation was still dire.


1 COVID
When vaccine is found the whole world economy will RESET and accelerate including global stock market. Latest by July 2021. We pray to be still alive then.
2020 is an abnormal year so stocks investment wise all of us are effected.
Nonetheles one has to find ways of minimising the negative impact on our portfolios and incomes , not necessarily by selling off but optimization to pick the best of the best based on our investment strategy.


2 NAIROBI BOURSE
You can ONLY survive if you develop a strategy that is profitable and you are comfortable with. You either invest for capital appreciation or income or combination of both. My strategy since 2010 has been income (dividends) .

Two things are important
- Study the company results
- Be your own teacher in stocks selection but ONLY learn from others.

Just as people are quitting (which I almost did), a few are making moderate gains periodically .

If there are no gains , a non resident foreign investor like me would have quit the bourse long time ago. I gain in dividends but I often loose in capital appreciation but on the long term I gain on both but income(dividend) is what I am hunting for. A good stock will always recover in price on the long term .

When a good stock becomes bad (due to consistent poor results like 2years) you cut loss by selling off and positioning in good stocks.

This is what works for me but may not work for others.

Political risk like 2022 is not new to me.
For income investors, you get a high DY and later the price recovers . That has been the trend.

I have been investing here since 2004, but got my act together in 2010. That is 6 wasted years of fumbling due to lack of clear cut strategy .
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
Ericsson
#2243 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 7:45:24 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,956
Location: NAIROBI
Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
Exchange Bar Quarterly Forecast for Q2 2020, PBT figures in KES B:
KCB 18.2 Actual 12.8
EQTY 14 Actual 11.9
COOP 10.2 Actual 9.6
I&M 6.9 Actual 4.5
ABSA 6.2 Actual 3.3
SCBK 6.1 Actual 5.1
DTB 5.8 Actual 4.48
NCBA 4.8 Actual 3.91
STANB 4.2 Actual 4.1
HFCK 0.042 Actual -0.293



Equity is catching up with KCB smile .


Stanchart ksh.5.1bn
No interim dividend


DTB Ksh.4.48bn


I&M ksh.4.5bn



NCBA. Ksh 3.91bn

Outstanding ..ABSA & HFCK


HFCK Loss of Ksh.293.8mn
ABSA ksh.3.3bn


Correction HFCK loss before tax at Ksh.293.8mn
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
wukan
#2244 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 10:07:09 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/13/2015
Posts: 1,461
There was a time I was huge fan of banking stocks. I would give them money for rights issue. Now can't touch this

Quote:
Banks will have to get the approval of the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) before declaring dividends for the current financial year, according to a new directive by the regulator that is focused on ensuring lenders have enough capital to ride out the Covid-19 pandemic.

The CBK’s directive, confirmed by multiple bank executives, indicates that investors on the Nairobi Securities Exchange will forego dividends running into billions of shillings.
https://www.businessdail...5354-mg704kz/index.html


I would rather give that capital to my sacco
obiero
#2245 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 8:41:42 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,836
Location: nairobi
wukan wrote:
There was a time I was huge fan of banking stocks. I would give them money for rights issue. Now can't touch this

Quote:
Banks will have to get the approval of the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) before declaring dividends for the current financial year, according to a new directive by the regulator that is focused on ensuring lenders have enough capital to ride out the Covid-19 pandemic.

The CBK’s directive, confirmed by multiple bank executives, indicates that investors on the Nairobi Securities Exchange will forego dividends running into billions of shillings.
https://www.businessdail...5354-mg704kz/index.html


I would rather give that capital to my sacco

Now is time to live life, eat it with a big spoon. No investments at the NSE upto 2022, unless prices get abnormally low, which is likely.. Remember next year will start to get noisy as Raila moves towards the throne
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
Ericsson
#2246 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2020 10:30:13 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,956
Location: NAIROBI
obiero wrote:
wukan wrote:
There was a time I was huge fan of banking stocks. I would give them money for rights issue. Now can't touch this

Quote:
Banks will have to get the approval of the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) before declaring dividends for the current financial year, according to a new directive by the regulator that is focused on ensuring lenders have enough capital to ride out the Covid-19 pandemic.

The CBK’s directive, confirmed by multiple bank executives, indicates that investors on the Nairobi Securities Exchange will forego dividends running into billions of shillings.
https://www.businessdail...5354-mg704kz/index.html


I would rather give that capital to my sacco

Now is time to live life, eat it with a big spoon. No investments at the NSE upto 2022, unless prices get abnormally low, which is likely.. Remember next year will start to get noisy as Raila moves towards the throne


KQ nationalization and HFCK buyout
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
obiero
#2247 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 5:35:34 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,836
Location: nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
wukan wrote:
There was a time I was huge fan of banking stocks. I would give them money for rights issue. Now can't touch this

Quote:
Banks will have to get the approval of the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) before declaring dividends for the current financial year, according to a new directive by the regulator that is focused on ensuring lenders have enough capital to ride out the Covid-19 pandemic.

The CBK’s directive, confirmed by multiple bank executives, indicates that investors on the Nairobi Securities Exchange will forego dividends running into billions of shillings.
https://www.businessdail...5354-mg704kz/index.html


I would rather give that capital to my sacco

Now is time to live life, eat it with a big spoon. No investments at the NSE upto 2022, unless prices get abnormally low, which is likely.. Remember next year will start to get noisy as Raila moves towards the throne


KQ nationalization and HFCK buyout

Let me leave this here https://www.businessdail...5354-mg704kz/index.html
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
Ericsson
#2248 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 6:47:48 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,956
Location: NAIROBI
Due to the corona virus pandemic effect in the economy,exchange bar is not able to give guidance on Q3 2020 results.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
cyruskulei
#2249 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2020 2:49:45 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/9/2010
Posts: 270
Location: kenya
Did anyone here attend AGM for SCANK. Please share the notes and comments. Thanks
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

Ericsson
#2250 Posted : Thursday, October 01, 2020 3:20:30 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,956
Location: NAIROBI
cyruskulei wrote:
Did anyone here attend AGM for SCANK. Please share the notes and comments. Thanks


Check on the Scangroup thread.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Users browsing this topic
Guest (4)
113 Pages«<111112113
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.