Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Saturday, Jun 6, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Kiosks, cars and goats SWEPT AWAY on Kirinyaga roa... [4]
Why dustbowl is the future [448]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14860]
VituVingiSana's MIGHTY road to wealth. Take notes! [16]
First World Markets Shenanigans [220]
Investors Lounge [5409]
Value Investing doesn',t work anymore [107]
Playing the Crypto Market: A Post-Halving Resoluti... [5]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3507]
Options for Highspeed home Internet outside Major ... [8]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [346]
Thoughts on TPS Serena [150]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2833]
CIC Insurance 2019 [68]
KCB buy buy buy [1170]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

59 Pages«<5455565758>»
KCB buy buy buy
jgithige
#1101 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2020 6:32:17 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/10/2014
Posts: 142
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KCB has put English Point Marina under it's management.
It's having difficulties repaying the loan
It has been suffering for a while. COVID was the final nail in the coffin.

The sad reality is that more and more businesses shall crumble in the coming weeks


The spike in NPLs is going to hurt the banking industry

True. Plus regardless of the drop in CBR, banks simply wont lend to most segments. Extremely tough times coming up


Diversified (KCB, NCBA and Coop, Equity???) and traditional (ABSA and Stanchart) banks will survive the storm.

None of the tier 1 shall collapse or something soo extreme, but provisions shall undoubtedly hit their bottom line. Some more smaller banks will close shop


Spire bank is shopping for a suitor

We will go sub 29 banks before end of this year. In reality we only need 15 maximum

What about HFCK,will it survive

Consolidation of banks looks now eminent.Can Memba consider buying back HFC. Applause
"Blowing out someone else candle won't make yours shine brighter"-Anonymous
Angelica _ann
#1102 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2020 6:37:09 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,486
jgithige wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KCB has put English Point Marina under it's management.
It's having difficulties repaying the loan
It has been suffering for a while. COVID was the final nail in the coffin.

The sad reality is that more and more businesses shall crumble in the coming weeks


The spike in NPLs is going to hurt the banking industry

True. Plus regardless of the drop in CBR, banks simply wont lend to most segments. Extremely tough times coming up


Diversified (KCB, NCBA and Coop, Equity???) and traditional (ABSA and Stanchart) banks will survive the storm.

None of the tier 1 shall collapse or something soo extreme, but provisions shall undoubtedly hit their bottom line. Some more smaller banks will close shop


Spire bank is shopping for a suitor

We will go sub 29 banks before end of this year. In reality we only need 15 maximum

What about HFCK,will it survive

Consolidation of banks looks now eminent.Can Memba consider buying back HFC. Applause


Buying back?????
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
jgithige
#1103 Posted : Tuesday, April 07, 2020 7:49:20 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/10/2014
Posts: 142
Location: Nairobi
Angelica _ann wrote:
jgithige wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KCB has put English Point Marina under it's management.
It's having difficulties repaying the loan
It has been suffering for a while. COVID was the final nail in the coffin.

The sad reality is that more and more businesses shall crumble in the coming weeks


The spike in NPLs is going to hurt the banking industry

True. Plus regardless of the drop in CBR, banks simply wont lend to most segments. Extremely tough times coming up


Diversified (KCB, NCBA and Coop, Equity???) and traditional (ABSA and Stanchart) banks will survive the storm.

None of the tier 1 shall collapse or something soo extreme, but provisions shall undoubtedly hit their bottom line. Some more smaller banks will close shop


Spire bank is shopping for a suitor

We will go sub 29 banks before end of this year. In reality we only need 15 maximum

What about HFCK,will it survive

Consolidation of banks looks now eminent.Can Memba consider buying back HFC. Applause


Buying back?????

Yes in quotes
"Blowing out someone else candle won't make yours shine brighter"-Anonymous
aemathenge
#1104 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2020 1:27:59 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 3,279
Location: Kerugoya
Wooiii

How do we prevent The Man From Opus Dei from seeing this?

Quote:
South Africa’s Reserve Bank has guided banks to put dividends and executive bonuses on hold to help reduce stress on the banking sector from fighting Covid19.

For more on this recommendation as well as other directives to ensure the health of the sector, CNBC Africa is joined by Unathi Kamlana, Head of Policy Statistics and Industry Support at the Prudential Authority.


https://www.cnbcafrica.c...vidends-bonuses-on-hold/
heri
#1105 Posted : Wednesday, April 08, 2020 3:47:35 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 9/14/2011
Posts: 744
Location: nairobi
[quote=aemathenge]Wooiii

How do we prevent The Man From Opus Dei from seeing this?

Quote:
South Africa’s Reserve Bank has guided banks to put dividends and executive bonuses on hold to help reduce stress on the banking sector from fighting Covid19.

For more on this recommendation as well as other directives to ensure the health of the sector, CNBC Africa is joined by Unathi Kamlana, Head of Policy Statistics and Industry Support at the Prudential Authority.


https://www.cnbcafrica.c...idends-bonuses-on-hold/[/quote]

Last nail in the coffin. This is the time we need those dividends
xtina
#1106 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2020 8:46:53 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/26/2008
Posts: 329
heri wrote:
[quote=aemathenge]Wooiii

How do we prevent The Man From Opus Dei from seeing this?

Quote:
South Africa’s Reserve Bank has guided banks to put dividends and executive bonuses on hold to help reduce stress on the banking sector from fighting Covid19.

For more on this recommendation as well as other directives to ensure the health of the sector, CNBC Africa is joined by Unathi Kamlana, Head of Policy Statistics and Industry Support at the Prudential Authority.


https://www.cnbcafrica.c...idends-bonuses-on-hold/[/quote]

Last nail in the coffin. This is the time we need those dividends


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
aemathenge
#1107 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2020 9:07:27 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 3,279
Location: Kerugoya
The Man From Opus Dei Is On Steroids. Sometimes I wish He Was The President Of This Country.

Quote:
CBK orders banks’ chiefs succession plan over coronavirus fears
THURSDAY, APRIL 9, 2020 7:45

The Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) has ordered banks to provide a list of executives and directors who will replace sitting top managers, including CEOs, in the event that Coronavirus hits the current teams.

In a circular to all lenders, the regulator has asked the boards of banks to oversee succession planning policies, staff testing and isolation and prepare for transfer of power if executives and key directors are unavailable to discharge their duties due to illness related to the Coronavirus pandemic.

Temporary succession planning has become a pressing issue across the globe in recent weeks as companies prepare for the possibility of top executives coming down with the infectious virus.

CBK had given banks up to Monday this week to provide the succession plan as part of contingency measures that would ensure banks operate at near normal levels amid the spread of coronavirus.


Source: The Business Daily: https://www.businessdail...8338-tehc1az/index.html

So, in the event that, God forbid, Joshua Nyamweya Oigara was taken ill, who would take the hot seat?

Side Note. Mr Oigara is only 45 years of age. Damn !

Quote:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Joshua Nyamweya Oigara (born 1975, Kisii, Kenya) is the current Group Chief Executive Officer of the Kenya Commercial Bank Group, the biggest banking group in Kenya by asset base.

At age 37, his appointment in November 2012 to replace the outgoing CEO Martin Oduor-Otieno made him the youngest CEO of a publicly traded bank at the NSE.

Prior to his appointment, he served as Chief Financial Officer and Member of the Board of Directors of the Company between January 12, 2012 and January 2013.

He also served as Group Chief Financial Officer at KCB Bank Group for East Africa.

He joined the Bank in November 2011 from Bamburi Cement where he served as Group Financial Director and Chief Financial Officer for the East Africa region.

Oigara holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from University of Nairobi and Master of Business Administration from Edith Cowan University and a host of other qualifications.


Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Oigara
Ericsson
#1108 Posted : Thursday, April 09, 2020 9:02:06 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,402
Location: NAIROBI
[quote=aemathenge]Wooiii

How do we prevent The Man From Opus Dei from seeing this?

Quote:
South Africa’s Reserve Bank has guided banks to put dividends and executive bonuses on hold to help reduce stress on the banking sector from fighting Covid19.

For more on this recommendation as well as other directives to ensure the health of the sector, CNBC Africa is joined by Unathi Kamlana, Head of Policy Statistics and Industry Support at the Prudential Authority.


https://www.cnbcafrica.c...idends-bonuses-on-hold/[/quote]

South Africa Standard Bank reaffirms payment of 2019 dividend
Horton
#1109 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2020 8:38:17 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/30/2007
Posts: 1,520
Location: Nairobi
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=aemathenge]Wooiii

How do we prevent The Man From Opus Dei from seeing this?

Quote:
South Africa’s Reserve Bank has guided banks to put dividends and executive bonuses on hold to help reduce stress on the banking sector from fighting Covid19.

For more on this recommendation as well as other directives to ensure the health of the sector, CNBC Africa is joined by Unathi Kamlana, Head of Policy Statistics and Industry Support at the Prudential Authority.


https://www.cnbcafrica.c...idends-bonuses-on-hold/[/quote]

South Africa Standard Bank reaffirms payment of 2019 dividend



KCB ought to pay dividends earlier like COOP. I’m too broke 😳
Ebenyo
#1110 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 1:40:25 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,822
Location: Kitale
Horton wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=aemathenge]Wooiii

How do we prevent The Man From Opus Dei from seeing this?

Quote:
South Africa’s Reserve Bank has guided banks to put dividends and executive bonuses on hold to help reduce stress on the banking sector from fighting Covid19.

For more on this recommendation as well as other directives to ensure the health of the sector, CNBC Africa is joined by Unathi Kamlana, Head of Policy Statistics and Industry Support at the Prudential Authority.


https://www.cnbcafrica.c...idends-bonuses-on-hold/[/quote]

South Africa Standard Bank reaffirms payment of 2019 dividend



KCB ought to pay dividen

ds earlier like COOP. I’m too broke 😳




Book closure is on 27th. lets wait for an announcement shortly after that.im sure tutapata dividend next month.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Angelica _ann
#1111 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 2:00:23 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,486
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=aemathenge]Wooiii

How do we prevent The Man From Opus Dei from seeing this?

Quote:
South Africa’s Reserve Bank has guided banks to put dividends and executive bonuses on hold to help reduce stress on the banking sector from fighting Covid19.

For more on this recommendation as well as other directives to ensure the health of the sector, CNBC Africa is joined by Unathi Kamlana, Head of Policy Statistics and Industry Support at the Prudential Authority.


https://www.cnbcafrica.c...idends-bonuses-on-hold/[/quote]

South Africa Standard Bank reaffirms payment of 2019 dividend


What is the books closure for Equity and ABSA?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
ARAPCHARLEE
#1112 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 2:16:32 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 4/28/2019
Posts: 48
Location: Talai
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=aemathenge]Wooiii

How do we prevent The Man From Opus Dei from seeing this?

Quote:
South Africa’s Reserve Bank has guided banks to put dividends and executive bonuses on hold to help reduce stress on the banking sector from fighting Covid19.

For more on this recommendation as well as other directives to ensure the health of the sector, CNBC Africa is joined by Unathi Kamlana, Head of Policy Statistics and Industry Support at the Prudential Authority.


https://www.cnbcafrica.c...idends-bonuses-on-hold/[/quote]

South Africa Standard Bank reaffirms payment of 2019 dividend


What is the books closure for Equity and ABSA?


ABSA
14TH APRIL BOOK CLOSURE
THEY WILL PAY ON MONDAY 20TH APRIL.
xxxxx
#1113 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 2:34:01 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/20/2008
Posts: 499
ARAPCHARLEE wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=aemathenge]Wooiii

How do we prevent The Man From Opus Dei from seeing this?

Quote:
South Africa’s Reserve Bank has guided banks to put dividends and executive bonuses on hold to help reduce stress on the banking sector from fighting Covid19.

For more on this recommendation as well as other directives to ensure the health of the sector, CNBC Africa is joined by Unathi Kamlana, Head of Policy Statistics and Industry Support at the Prudential Authority.


https://www.cnbcafrica.c...idends-bonuses-on-hold/[/quote]

South Africa Standard Bank reaffirms payment of 2019 dividend


What is the books closure for Equity and ABSA?


ABSA
14TH APRIL BOOK CLOSURE
THEY WILL PAY ON MONDAY 20TH APRIL.


Are these dates for ABSA Bank Kenya or ABSA South Africa??
ARAPCHARLEE
#1114 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 2:53:00 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 4/28/2019
Posts: 48
Location: Talai
xxxxx wrote:
ARAPCHARLEE wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=aemathenge]Wooiii

How do we prevent The Man From Opus Dei from seeing this?

Quote:
South Africa’s Reserve Bank has guided banks to put dividends and executive bonuses on hold to help reduce stress on the banking sector from fighting Covid19.

For more on this recommendation as well as other directives to ensure the health of the sector, CNBC Africa is joined by Unathi Kamlana, Head of Policy Statistics and Industry Support at the Prudential Authority.


https://www.cnbcafrica.c...idends-bonuses-on-hold/[/quote]

South Africa Standard Bank reaffirms payment of 2019 dividend


What is the books closure for Equity and ABSA?


ABSA
14TH APRIL BOOK CLOSURE
THEY WILL PAY ON MONDAY 20TH APRIL.


Are these dates for ABSA Bank Kenya or ABSA South Africa??

Validated niko South Africa.
Ericsson
#1115 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 6:02:44 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,402
Location: NAIROBI
ARAPCHARLEE wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=aemathenge]Wooiii

How do we prevent The Man From Opus Dei from seeing this?

Quote:
South Africa’s Reserve Bank has guided banks to put dividends and executive bonuses on hold to help reduce stress on the banking sector from fighting Covid19.

For more on this recommendation as well as other directives to ensure the health of the sector, CNBC Africa is joined by Unathi Kamlana, Head of Policy Statistics and Industry Support at the Prudential Authority.


https://www.cnbcafrica.c...idends-bonuses-on-hold/[/quote]

South Africa Standard Bank reaffirms payment of 2019 dividend


What is the books closure for Equity and ABSA?


ABSA
14TH APRIL BOOK CLOSURE
THEY WILL PAY ON MONDAY 20TH APRIL.


14th April ilipita.
There has been no announcement from ABSA Kenya
xxxxx
#1116 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 7:11:13 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 3/20/2008
Posts: 499
Ericsson wrote:
ARAPCHARLEE wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=aemathenge]Wooiii

How do we prevent The Man From Opus Dei from seeing this?

Quote:
South Africa’s Reserve Bank has guided banks to put dividends and executive bonuses on hold to help reduce stress on the banking sector from fighting Covid19.

For more on this recommendation as well as other directives to ensure the health of the sector, CNBC Africa is joined by Unathi Kamlana, Head of Policy Statistics and Industry Support at the Prudential Authority.


https://www.cnbcafrica.c...idends-bonuses-on-hold/[/quote]

South Africa Standard Bank reaffirms payment of 2019 dividend


What is the books closure for Equity and ABSA?


ABSA
14TH APRIL BOOK CLOSURE
THEY WILL PAY ON MONDAY 20TH APRIL.


14th April ilipita.
There has been no announcement from ABSA Kenya


This is what I was wondering as well.
Horton
#1117 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 11:24:45 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 8/30/2007
Posts: 1,520
Location: Nairobi
Ebenyo wrote:
Horton wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
[quote=aemathenge]Wooiii

How do we prevent The Man From Opus Dei from seeing this?

Quote:
South Africa’s Reserve Bank has guided banks to put dividends and executive bonuses on hold to help reduce stress on the banking sector from fighting Covid19.

For more on this recommendation as well as other directives to ensure the health of the sector, CNBC Africa is joined by Unathi Kamlana, Head of Policy Statistics and Industry Support at the Prudential Authority.


https://www.cnbcafrica.c...idends-bonuses-on-hold/[/quote]

South Africa Standard Bank reaffirms payment of 2019 dividend



KCB ought to pay dividen

ds earlier like COOP. I’m too broke 😳




Book closure is on 27th. lets wait for an announcement shortly after that.im sure tutapata dividend next month.


But at 35/- feels like a solid deal. That’s a 10% yield
Ebenyo
#1118 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2020 10:02:26 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2016
Posts: 1,822
Location: Kitale
https://www.standardmedi...tractive-banks-in-kenya

KCB tops in 13 metrics!
Towards the goal of financial freedom
premio
#1119 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 12:40:22 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/31/2009
Posts: 226
can this hit 28 was thinking of investing 1.5m in 2bank stocks 500k EB 500K Simba and 500k safcom which shares can i buy now and get divideds
Sir invest
#1120 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2020 9:20:01 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 8/19/2015
Posts: 96
These shares are still selling at premium. Wait the prices to hit bottom low otherwise you will be stuck with paper value for quite long time before you make a reasonable capital gain/profit from 1.5M.
Users browsing this topic
Guest (9)
59 Pages«<5455565758>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.