Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Sunday, Apr 5, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
KCB buy buy buy [1093]
Madness at the NSE [2253]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14477]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [278]
Actionable Intelligence [13]
411 on dividend and AGM [787]
First World Markets Shenanigans [132]
Banque de Kigali [466]
Investors Lounge [5357]
Equity Bank 2020 [1]
Exchange Bar: Results forecast [2149]
CIC Insurance 2019 [63]
An analysis of Boc Kenya limited [6]
Stanlib Fahari FY18 [64]
Flame Tree Group 2019 [28]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

113 Pages«<100101102103104>»
Madness at the NSE
Angelica _ann
#2021 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 4:58:13 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,308
Fyatu wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Stocks investing is becoming very frustrating,you wait for ages with no meaningful return.

Technically the NSE20 has been in a secular bear for 12 years or so since that 6161 high in 2007. Some stocks have been under water ever since. The opportunity cost of buy and hold during a bear turn is immense. Take the Nikkei for example which has been in a 30 year secular bear and still down 40% currently from its 1990 high. Most European indices with the exception of the Dax and FTSE are yet to recapture their pre-GFC highs which underlines long-term economic/structural weaknesses.



I can proudly state here that i have made a tidy 17% from Flame tree Group(FTGH) in the past 3 weeks.I have offloaded all my holdings today at ksh. 1.74 (ABP 1.48).


12.5% nett, that is great. Keep it up.smile smile smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
winmak
#2022 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 8:00:19 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 12/1/2007
Posts: 463
Location: Nakuru
maka wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Stocks investing is becoming very frustrating,you wait for ages with no meaningful return.

Technically the NSE20 has been in a secular bear for 12 years or so since that 6161 high in 2007. Some stocks have been under water ever since. The opportunity cost of buy and hold during a bear turn is immense. Take the Nikkei for example which has been in a 30 year secular bear and still down 40% currently from its 1990 high. Most European indices with the exception of the Dax and FTSE are yet to recapture their pre-GFC highs which underlines long-term economic/structural weaknesses.



Bonds...Bonds...Bonds.smile smile smile smile smile smile smile


https://www.standardmedi...-corporate-bond-drought

You were on to something
For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
VituVingiSana
#2023 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 8:31:47 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,895
Location: Nairobi
winmak wrote:
maka wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Stocks investing is becoming very frustrating,you wait for ages with no meaningful return.

Technically the NSE20 has been in a secular bear for 12 years or so since that 6161 high in 2007. Some stocks have been under water ever since. The opportunity cost of buy and hold during a bear turn is immense. Take the Nikkei for example which has been in a 30 year secular bear and still down 40% currently from its 1990 high. Most European indices with the exception of the Dax and FTSE are yet to recapture their pre-GFC highs which underlines long-term economic/structural weaknesses.


Bonds...Bonds...Bonds.smile smile smile smile smile smile smile


https://www.standardmedi...-corporate-bond-drought

You were on to something
When GoK pays 10%, who is going to invest in corporate bond at similar rates?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Fyatu
#2024 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 8:44:47 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/20/2011
Posts: 1,705
Location: Nakuru
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Stocks investing is becoming very frustrating,you wait for ages with no meaningful return.

Technically the NSE20 has been in a secular bear for 12 years or so since that 6161 high in 2007. Some stocks have been under water ever since. The opportunity cost of buy and hold during a bear turn is immense. Take the Nikkei for example which has been in a 30 year secular bear and still down 40% currently from its 1990 high. Most European indices with the exception of the Dax and FTSE are yet to recapture their pre-GFC highs which underlines long-term economic/structural weaknesses.



I can proudly state here that i have made a tidy 17% from Flame tree Group(FTGH) in the past 3 weeks.I have offloaded all my holdings today at ksh. 1.74 (ABP 1.48).


12.5% nett, that is great. Keep it up.smile smile smile


It is actually 17 % net.

I bought 10000 shares of FTGH @ 1.45 of 21st Feb 2020.

Here is the math:

BUYING
shares bought = 10000
charges'fees = 0.02%
Total amount spent on investment = 1.02 * 14500 = ksh 14790


SELLING
Shares sold = 10000
selling price= 1.74
charges/fees = 0.02%
Total amount after received after selling = kshs. 17052

(10000 * 1.74) * 0.98 = 17052




Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
VituVingiSana
#2025 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 8:51:12 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 16,895
Location: Nairobi
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Stocks investing is becoming very frustrating,you wait for ages with no meaningful return.

Technically the NSE20 has been in a secular bear for 12 years or so since that 6161 high in 2007. Some stocks have been under water ever since. The opportunity cost of buy and hold during a bear turn is immense. Take the Nikkei for example which has been in a 30 year secular bear and still down 40% currently from its 1990 high. Most European indices with the exception of the Dax and FTSE are yet to recapture their pre-GFC highs which underlines long-term economic/structural weaknesses.



I can proudly state here that i have made a tidy 17% from Flame tree Group(FTGH) in the past 3 weeks.I have offloaded all my holdings today at ksh. 1.74 (ABP 1.48).


12.5% nett, that is great. Keep it up.smile smile smile


It is actually 17 % net.

I bought 10000 shares of FTGH @ 1.45 of 21st Feb 2020.

Here is the math:

BUYING
shares bought = 10000
charges'fees = 0.02%
Total amount spent on investment = 1.02 * 14500 = ksh 14790


SELLING
Shares sold = 10000
selling price= 1.74
charges/fees = 0.02%
Total amount after received after selling = kshs. 17052

(10000 * 1.74) * 0.98 = 17052
Please introduce me to your broker.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#2026 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 9:01:23 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,187
Location: NAIROBI
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Stocks investing is becoming very frustrating,you wait for ages with no meaningful return.

Technically the NSE20 has been in a secular bear for 12 years or so since that 6161 high in 2007. Some stocks have been under water ever since. The opportunity cost of buy and hold during a bear turn is immense. Take the Nikkei for example which has been in a 30 year secular bear and still down 40% currently from its 1990 high. Most European indices with the exception of the Dax and FTSE are yet to recapture their pre-GFC highs which underlines long-term economic/structural weaknesses.



I can proudly state here that i have made a tidy 17% from Flame tree Group(FTGH) in the past 3 weeks.I have offloaded all my holdings today at ksh. 1.74 (ABP 1.48).


12.5% nett, that is great. Keep it up.smile smile smile


It is actually 17 % net.

I bought 10000 shares of FTGH @ 1.45 of 21st Feb 2020.

Here is the math:

BUYING
shares bought = 10000
charges'fees = 0.02%
Total amount spent on investment = 1.02 * 14500 = ksh 14790


SELLING
Shares sold = 10000
selling price= 1.74
charges/fees = 0.02%
Total amount after received after selling = kshs. 17052

(10000 * 1.74) * 0.98 = 17052
Please introduce me to your broker.

@vvs
It's not 0.02%,should be 2% as per the calculation.
0.02 is the absolute figure
Fyatu
#2027 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 9:10:55 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 1/20/2011
Posts: 1,705
Location: Nakuru
VituVingiSana wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Stocks investing is becoming very frustrating,you wait for ages with no meaningful return.

Technically the NSE20 has been in a secular bear for 12 years or so since that 6161 high in 2007. Some stocks have been under water ever since. The opportunity cost of buy and hold during a bear turn is immense. Take the Nikkei for example which has been in a 30 year secular bear and still down 40% currently from its 1990 high. Most European indices with the exception of the Dax and FTSE are yet to recapture their pre-GFC highs which underlines long-term economic/structural weaknesses.



I can proudly state here that i have made a tidy 17% from Flame tree Group(FTGH) in the past 3 weeks.I have offloaded all my holdings today at ksh. 1.74 (ABP 1.48).


12.5% nett, that is great. Keep it up.smile smile smile


It is actually 17 % net.

I bought 10000 shares of FTGH @ 1.45 of 21st Feb 2020.

Here is the math:

BUYING
shares bought = 10000
charges'fees = 0.02%
Total amount spent on investment = 1.02 * 14500 = ksh 14790


SELLING
Shares sold = 10000
selling price= 1.74
charges/fees = 0.02%
Total amount after received after selling = kshs. 17052

(10000 * 1.74) * 0.98 = 17052
Please introduce me to your broker.


hehehehe.....sorry. It is 2% charges/fees thus the 2/100 = 0.02
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
lochaz-index
#2028 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 12:41:27 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 9/18/2014
Posts: 1,098
Another heavy down day for the Dow. It has shed 1900 points in two days. Heavy PPT action at the open which was quickly overwhelmed by sellers. 10 yr UST touched a record low which doesn't portend well for the global economy in 2020. In view of the fact that trade fell in 2019 first time since 2009, could be pricing in recessions in most countries.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#2029 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 10:00:17 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2010
Posts: 2,083
Location: Sundowner,Amboseli
lochaz-index wrote:
Another heavy down day for the Dow. It has shed 1900 points in two days. Heavy PPT action at the open which was quickly overwhelmed by sellers. 10 yr UST touched a record low which doesn't portend well for the global economy in 2020. In view of the fact that trade fell in 2019 first time since 2009, could be pricing in recessions in most countries.


What a rout!!!6% shave.
Seems the PPT ran out of cash along the waysmile
Markets
Ericsson
#2030 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 11:07:12 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,187
Location: NAIROBI
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
Another heavy down day for the Dow. It has shed 1900 points in two days. Heavy PPT action at the open which was quickly overwhelmed by sellers. 10 yr UST touched a record low which doesn't portend well for the global economy in 2020. In view of the fact that trade fell in 2019 first time since 2009, could be pricing in recessions in most countries.


What a rout!!!6% shave.
Seems the PPT ran out of cash along the waysmile


Corona virus spread
aemathenge
#2031 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 11:07:16 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/18/2008
Posts: 3,195
Location: Kerugoya
Jokes of the day

Number One:

Robert Ochieng > ‎Young Nairobi Stock Exchange Investors

NSE Proverbs:

1. KPLC costs Will be passed down to customers
2. Safaricom is overvalued

Number Two:

Never underestimate yourself and the value of humble beginnings and patience:

Imagine the asset value of tomatoes is currently higher than the market value of each share of:

1.KPLC.
2.Mumias Sugar
3.Home Africa
4.Eveready
5.Housing finance.

Tomatoes are currently trading at near value of:

1.KCB
2.Equity bank
3.Nation media
4.NIC bank

Time and chance is a master equalizer. Respect everyone around you.

Don't you think CMA should now list tomatoes under commodities?
24 February at 10:10

Number Three:

What's on your mind?

KQ imetangaza imepoteza 800 millions kutokana nakufutiliwa mbali kwa safari za ndege za moja kwa moja za CHINA kutokana na ugojwa wa CORONA VIRUS, but ata kama zingekuwa sinaendelea at end of it all, KQ INGETANGAZA LOSS YA MA BILLIONS, LAST WHEN KQ POSTED PROFIT WAS 2012, na hakukuwa na corona virus, ama ebora in west Africa.

Number Four:

Claire Nsengiyumva > ‎Young Nairobi Stock Exchange Investors

Hello dear brothers and sisters! I am SO HAPPY to be here! I live in 🇺🇸 and want to invest in my motherland.

My goal is to

1. Invest in the Nairobi stock exchange
2. Share investing information with African expats living in 🇺🇸, and help them invest back home too! Lets connect!
23 January at 17:18

Roy Karuthiru
My goodness why would anybody in US want to invest in NSE or East Africa to begin with?

That's like switching a Porsche for Demio.

Makes no sense, stick with the dollars its a zombie world down here.

Wilson Ventures
From the Zombie world, I went to google world to seek who are zombies in character and in nature.

However, I found them to be totally different from the zombies that are found in NSE.

The ones that I found appear to be fictional non beings that can only be found in horror movies.

I extended my search to briefly find out what non zombie markets are offering by picking some counters that I normally hear about with the following current prices converted in Zombie currency,

1) Amazon 2,17,893/= kshs,

2) Apple 32,384/= kshs,

3) Netflix 39,063/=

4) Facebook 21,715/=

5) Microsoft 18,663/=

and finally

6) Google 1,53,519/= per share.

I had checked these prices on 21-2-2020 12 noon and by the latest prices, Amazon has dropped by around 5,900 kshs while the others had all ceded at least 500 kshs.

Based on the above share prices it is evident that some markets are not for everyone.
Some markets would demand huge investments for the deal to be of a meaningful economical sense.

A single amazon share can buy 14,526 Co-op shares currently.

On the side of dividends, I found that they are all poor, very poor dividends payers for those that pays.

Based on the above share prices they pay below 2.8% return. while in NSE we find some counters paying above 10%.

Equally and finally what I would fear most is the volatility of those high value shares, while I don't dispute that one can make gains, Like in any other market, looses can also be huge in a bad season/situations.

In my own personal conclusion, I would say that it makes real sense for someone to consider investing/diversifying in NSE in its current form.

If a person can pick a fundamentally sound counters I would refer to it as a wise idea albeit a zombie wisdom.

watesh
#2032 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 12:05:51 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 799
Location: Kenya
Foreign investor sell off continues in the NSE. Big cap stocks will suffer most in this global panic

https://citizentv.co.ke/...-in-two-days-324348/?amp
sparkly
#2033 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 1:59:08 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,668
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
[quote=watesh]Foreign investor sell off continues in the NSE. Big cap stocks will suffer most in this global panic

https://citizentv.co.ke/...in-two-days-324348/?amp[/quote]

Markets are very quick to reach to bad news. This is time to trade by the Buffet principles otherwise you get burnt to recognition.
Life is short. Live passionately.
xtina
#2034 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 2:06:22 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/26/2008
Posts: 317
xtina wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
xtina wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
xtina wrote:
I must admit I like seeing the green in banking stocks, feel like offloading a few and re-enter later coz I am not sure this green is gonna last long. Then I buy Centum, Unga and BAT.

Is this wise?



I do not know Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . The past one year has been absolutely dreadful so it is good to see some positive change. Anyway, I have bitten the bullet and will sell a few, let me enjoy while it lasts since I am not sure we will see this green again, at least in the near future and early 2020.

Ride the wave first then sell once the excitement is fizzling out towards the end of November.


Nimetoka, wale wamebaki all the best and see you end of year/early 2020. That was a sweet journey and reward for being patient for the last one year. Kesho I am also offloading some Safaricom as it seems the results will be good


It seems I did make good decision after all, offloaded 90% of my shares at peak price then and buy early 2020. Glad to see shares retracting and looking very attractive. Shida ni sina pesaLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . Very good prices now 27th Feb:
1. Centum 25.55
2. Safcom 28.10 (but should really go lower)
3. Equity 48
4 KCB 46.5 (I can't believe it's even lower than Equity Laughing out loudly but I won't buy KCB)
5. NCBA 35.00
6. I$M 50
7 BAT 490 (I hope it goes lower).
slick
#2035 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 2:36:26 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 6/1/2017
Posts: 184
sparkly wrote:
[quote=watesh]Foreign investor sell off continues in the NSE. Big cap stocks will suffer most in this global panic

https://citizentv.co.ke/...in-two-days-324348/?amp[/quote]

Markets are very quick to reach to bad news. This is time to trade by the Buffet principles otherwise you get burnt to recognition.


It seems Western investors are liquidating Kenyan stocks to meet margin calls for their massively falling stocks in their markets.

If you trade Western markets,shorting their stocks in the last 3 trading days has been brought in so much $$$$$$ Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Contrarian Investor and Trader.Advocate of free markets,limited government interference in the economy and sound money
Ericsson
#2036 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 4:06:02 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,187
Location: NAIROBI
xtina wrote:
xtina wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
xtina wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
xtina wrote:
I must admit I like seeing the green in banking stocks, feel like offloading a few and re-enter later coz I am not sure this green is gonna last long. Then I buy Centum, Unga and BAT.

Is this wise?



I do not know Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . The past one year has been absolutely dreadful so it is good to see some positive change. Anyway, I have bitten the bullet and will sell a few, let me enjoy while it lasts since I am not sure we will see this green again, at least in the near future and early 2020.

Ride the wave first then sell once the excitement is fizzling out towards the end of November.


Nimetoka, wale wamebaki all the best and see you end of year/early 2020. That was a sweet journey and reward for being patient for the last one year. Kesho I am also offloading some Safaricom as it seems the results will be good


It seems I did make good decision after all, offloaded 90% of my shares at peak price then and buy early 2020. Glad to see shares retracting and looking very attractive. Shida ni sina pesaLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly . Very good prices now 27th Feb:
1. Centum 25.55
2. Safcom 28.10 (but should really go lower)--Shall know tomorrow if it will go below 28
3. Equity 48
4 KCB 46.5 (I can't believe it's even lower than Equity Laughing out loudly but I won't buy KCB)----Tomorrow it might be Equity getting the plunge
5. NCBA 35.00
6. I$M 50
7 BAT 490 (I hope it goes lower).--Trading cum dividend

Ericsson
#2037 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 5:39:05 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,187
Location: NAIROBI
Norway’s sovereign wealth fund returns a record $180 billion thanks to a rally in stock markets
Ericsson
#2038 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 5:44:42 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,187
Location: NAIROBI
Australia has the world’s top-performing equity market over the past 120 years
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#2039 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 5:51:07 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2010
Posts: 2,083
Location: Sundowner,Amboseli
September 2019 low of 2420 taken out. NSE20 prints 2410..... 50 points shy of March 2009 GFC low of 2360

Markets
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#2040 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 5:58:04 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2010
Posts: 2,083
Location: Sundowner,Amboseli
lochaz-index wrote:
Extraterrestrial wrote:
RENEWED BEAR. WE WILL BREAK 18 YEAR LOW AGAIN ON NSE20 IT SEEMS. THIS IS UNPRECEDENTED IN MODERN TIMES.

18 year low on the NSE20 is 1000 points in 2002. We are yet to break the 11 year GFC low of 2360 in 2009. Then there is the small matter of the September 2019 low of 2419.

Pray
The current driver aka CEO Kenya, seems hellbent on getting us here, although the current rout has nothing to do with him. Shall we forgive him in future when the history books are written?
Could the Corona virus sweep Trump into the dustbin together with the Kenyan CEO? Only time will tell.
Markets
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
113 Pages«<100101102103104>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.