Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Friday, Jun 5, 2020
Investor
We’re investing funds for profit. Join us and wazua!
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
CIC Insurance 2019 [66]
Safaricom 2019/2020 [343]
Value Investing doesn',t work anymore [94]
KCB buy buy buy [1169]
Elliott Wave Analysis Of The NSE 20 [3501]
Kenya Airways...why ignore.. [14858]
Thoughts on TPS Serena [146]
Potential merger NIC + CBA [220]
411 on dividend and AGM [844]
Investors Lounge [5404]
Banque de Kigali [472]
Mumias Sugar huge demand [2832]
Playing the Crypto Market: A Post-Halving Resoluti... [4]
Speculating in cryptocurrencies: A rough approach [260]
Why dustbowl is the future [447]
 
Forum Jump








Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

25 Pages«<232425
Uchumi - A value play?
newfarer
#481 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:08:23 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/19/2010
Posts: 3,458
Location: Uganda
Retail business is a tough nut to crack. The amount of pilferage that goes through this business ,the thin margins ,high operational cost ,it's hard to make profits.you will make revenues but unless there are proper internal controls you lose the small profits you make on the profits .worse more is our culture of theft .pilferage is both from customers na inside jobs .

Evidence of this is in nakumatt,Ebrahims ,ukwala ,jack and Jill ,uchumi and other smaller retail chains. The list of fallen giants is long
punda amecheka
Angelica _ann
#482 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:23:43 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,485
FUNKY wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
winmak wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
FUNKY wrote:


I am sure government will not let uchumi go down due to the current economic situation


This one is dead, like Mumias. Move on.


Personally I'm Buying.


What? You are in Mumias, now this?


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly it happens.


Uchumi is not mumias..stores are still running although not fully stocked.. If they get the support from government they can fully stock their branches and they are back to business again


To sell to which consumer/customer.
They moved on to the likes of Naivas, Carrefour


Uchumi brand is still in the hearts of Kenyans once it re surrects Kenyans will flock back there...carrefour has racism issues


Uchumi lost the plot after they squandered the 2nd chance they were given. Lifeline gone.

Hope you know how employees operated on taking goods to the selves which completely frustrated suppliers.

Uchumi is gone.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#483 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 2:13:57 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,400
Location: NAIROBI
newfarer wrote:
Retail business is a tough nut to crack. The amount of pilferage that goes through this business ,the thin margins ,high operational cost ,it's hard to make profits.you will make revenues but unless there are proper internal controls you lose the small profits you make on the profits .worse more is our culture of theft .pilferage is both from customers na inside jobs .

Evidence of this is in nakumatt,Ebrahims ,ukwala ,jack and Jill ,uchumi and other smaller retail chains. The list of fallen giants is long


The supermarkets mentioned were purposely killed by the owners/management
HaMaina
#484 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 4:54:43 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 726
Angelica _ann wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
winmak wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
FUNKY wrote:


I am sure government will not let uchumi go down due to the current economic situation


This one is dead, like Mumias. Move on.


Personally I'm Buying.


What? You are in Mumias, now this?


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly it happens.


Uchumi is not mumias..stores are still running although not fully stocked.. If they get the support from government they can fully stock their branches and they are back to business again


To sell to which consumer/customer.
They moved on to the likes of Naivas, Carrefour


Uchumi brand is still in the hearts of Kenyans once it re surrects Kenyans will flock back there...carrefour has racism issues


Uchumi lost the plot after they squandered the 2nd chance they were given. Lifeline gone.

Hope you know how employees operated on taking goods to the selves which completely frustrated suppliers.

Uchumi is gone.


Uchumi can't just fail. It was created as an easy outlet for Kenyan produced products, that's why many foreign products at nakumat and others were usually in very short supply at Uchumi. With the right management and support, it will succeed. But then again this is Kenya, possibilities and myths go hand in hand.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
sparkly
#485 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 5:23:45 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,730
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
HaMaina wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
winmak wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
FUNKY wrote:


I am sure government will not let uchumi go down due to the current economic situation


This one is dead, like Mumias. Move on.


Personally I'm Buying.


What? You are in Mumias, now this?


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly it happens.


Uchumi is not mumias..stores are still running although not fully stocked.. If they get the support from government they can fully stock their branches and they are back to business again


To sell to which consumer/customer.
They moved on to the likes of Naivas, Carrefour


Uchumi brand is still in the hearts of Kenyans once it re surrects Kenyans will flock back there...carrefour has racism issues


Uchumi lost the plot after they squandered the 2nd chance they were given. Lifeline gone.

Hope you know how employees operated on taking goods to the selves which completely frustrated suppliers.

Uchumi is gone.


Uchumi can't just fail. It was created as an easy outlet for Kenyan produced products, that's why many foreign products at nakumat and others were usually in very short supply at Uchumi. With the right management and support, it will succeed. But then again this is Kenya, possibilities and myths go hand in hand.


Uchumi exists in name only.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Thitifini
#486 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 10:59:56 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/15/2015
Posts: 635
Location: Kenya
sparkly wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
FUNKY wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
winmak wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
FUNKY wrote:


I am sure government will not let uchumi go down due to the current economic situation


This one is dead, like Mumias. Move on.


Personally I'm Buying.


What? You are in Mumias, now this?


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly it happens.


Uchumi is not mumias..stores are still running although not fully stocked.. If they get the support from government they can fully stock their branches and they are back to business again


To sell to which consumer/customer.
They moved on to the likes of Naivas, Carrefour


Uchumi brand is still in the hearts of Kenyans once it re surrects Kenyans will flock back there...carrefour has racism issues


Uchumi lost the plot after they squandered the 2nd chance they were given. Lifeline gone.

Hope you know how employees operated on taking goods to the selves which completely frustrated suppliers.

Uchumi is gone.


Uchumi can't just fail. It was created as an easy outlet for Kenyan produced products, that's why many foreign products at nakumat and others were usually in very short supply at Uchumi. With the right management and support, it will succeed. But then again this is Kenya, possibilities and myths go hand in hand.


Uchumi exists in name only.


It's a dodo. The managrment curving it out slowly for themselves before bankruptcy bid.

60% Learning, 30% synthesizing, 10% Debating
HaMaina
#487 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2020 1:05:24 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 726
https://businesstoday.co.ke/uchumi-shops-for-marketing-manager-at-naivas/
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
Angelica _ann
#488 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2020 1:12:39 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,485


August 2015 d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
HaMaina
#489 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2020 2:50:31 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 726


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Applause Applause
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
sparkly
#490 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2020 6:46:18 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,730
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
HaMaina wrote:



Hehehe a good manager tackling a bad business. Let's see whose reputation will remain intact.
Life is short. Live passionately.
mkate_nusu
#491 Posted : Tuesday, February 04, 2020 1:22:52 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/30/2016
Posts: 332
Location: Kayole
Dead "company"
KEGN, KPLC, KQ, SCOM
Angelica _ann
#492 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2020 5:01:01 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/7/2012
Posts: 11,485
Uchumi Buru Buru space taken over by Quick-Mart opening in March 2020. Uchumi is DEAD!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
RIEK01
#493 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 7:38:13 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 2/8/2018
Posts: 66
Nairobi west franchise closed.
Ericsson
#494 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2020 9:35:04 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/4/2009
Posts: 8,400
Location: NAIROBI
RIEK01 wrote:
Nairobi west franchise closed.

Let it Rest in Peace.
The company is tired
HaMaina
#495 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 4:39:50 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 726
Ericsson wrote:
RIEK01 wrote:
Nairobi west franchise closed.

Let it Rest in Peace.
The company is tired


Uchumi’s agony as High Court sets repeat creditors vote.

-The troubled retailer is expected to stage a second creditors meeting on March 2 and an ultimate vote which will in principal determine the continuity of the 45 year old retailer.
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
VituVingiSana
#496 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 8:13:12 PM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,013
Location: Nairobi
HaMaina wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
RIEK01 wrote:
Nairobi west franchise closed.

Let it Rest in Peace.
The company is tired


Uchumi’s agony as High Court sets repeat creditors vote.

-The troubled retailer is expected to stage a second creditors meeting on March 2 and an ultimate vote which will in principal determine the continuity of the 45 year old retailer.
It's time to call it a day and unplug it from the ventilator.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
FUNKY
#497 Posted : Wednesday, March 04, 2020 5:49:09 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/30/2010
Posts: 1,605
FUNKY
#498 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2020 9:56:44 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/30/2010
Posts: 1,605
HaMaina
#499 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 10:41:36 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 4/23/2014
Posts: 726
Milk firm pursues Uchumi closure
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
KaunganaDoDo
#500 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2020 11:12:28 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/6/2018
Posts: 233


Its old case that is just coming up for routine hearing, which will not be adjudicated on due to the development of CVA with creditors agreed in March 2020
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
25 Pages«<232425
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.