Home SK - Stocks, Property, Investment Chamas - Investment Groups BIZ - Small Business Soko - Market Wazua Life About Wazua
SIGN IN REGISTER
Tuesday, Jan 21, 2020
Groups
To contribute to these and use other features, please register.
LATEST DISCUSSIONS
Ekeza savings and credit Sacco [60]
Amana Capital [11]
Cytonn Investments [669]
Quick credit [2]
UNAITAS [1198]
Fountain Enterprises Programme - FEP [276]
Best Trees for a Tree Forest? [98]
Supermarket Supplies [9]
Safaricom Investment Cooperative [408]
Holidays in Mombasa [9]
World Ventures - Scam or Genuine? [40]
stima investment cooperative [135]
Urithi Housing Sacco [184]
Being a professional trader takes time [1]
A new source of Forex Learning [1]
 
Forum Jump
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

How do we Increase/Boost savings?
webish
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 5:02:55 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 670
Location: Nairobi
Asking for an Investment Group.

The group has been existing for 1.5Years now. 6 Members in total. Did their first project after a Year of saving, and the purchase was cash. Now the group seeks to boost savings as part of growth plan. How can this be done innovatively without adding the Monthly contributions?

Something that would be less painful, to encourage everyone to fully participate and raise more cash. So far, in 1.5years, everyone has been faithful to the course. Addition of more members is not an options we have for now (just not now).

Focus is on Real Estate/ Land.

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
its2013
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 02, 2014 6:03:18 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/4/2013
Posts: 255
Sounds like my group only that we didn't want to raise our monthly contribution so we opted to only adding a few more members. We are doing agribusiness and using the profit to raise more capital. Our primary focus is real estate.
Pretty hurts
Stract_Consulting
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 6:36:29 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/3/2014
Posts: 58
Location: Nairobi
webish wrote:
Asking for an Investment Group.

The group has been existing for 1.5Years now. 6 Members in total. Did their first project after a Year of saving, and the purchase was cash. Now the group seeks to boost savings as part of growth plan. How can this be done innovatively without adding the Monthly contributions?

Something that would be less painful, to encourage everyone to fully participate and raise more cash. So far, in 1.5years, everyone has been faithful to the course. Addition of more members is not an options we have for now (just not now).

Focus is on Real Estate/ Land.


If everyone has contributed equally so far, then it's time everyone contributes according to their ability and they are given shares based on what they contributed. This would encourage the more able people in the group to contribute more. This will transition the group from equal contribution to equitable contribution
Be ignorant and ask a few questions - Peter Drucker
webish
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 7:44:29 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 670
Location: Nairobi
Stract_Consulting wrote:
webish wrote:
Asking for an Investment Group.

The group has been existing for 1.5Years now. 6 Members in total. Did their first project after a Year of saving, and the purchase was cash. Now the group seeks to boost savings as part of growth plan. How can this be done innovatively without adding the Monthly contributions?

Something that would be less painful, to encourage everyone to fully participate and raise more cash. So far, in 1.5years, everyone has been faithful to the course. Addition of more members is not an options we have for now (just not now).

Focus is on Real Estate/ Land.


If everyone has contributed equally so far, then it's time everyone contributes according to their ability and they are given shares based on what they contributed. This would encourage the more able people in the group to contribute more. This will transition the group from equal contribution to equitable contribution


@Stract, Many thanks. We had at some point considered this, but frankly, no one in the group knew how to work it.

Couple of questions:
- How do you decide how many shares are available?
- How does the share holding change as the contribution changes?
- If to do this, the groups' worth is required, how exactly do we measure this, because we may have an investment or two, which are appreciating.plus hard savings.
- Most importantly, how do we "Record Keep" shares? That today, Member x had y shares, but after contributing some big cash, his/her shares rose to xx.. Basically, how to manage/keep records/changes.

Any other information regarding shares is welcome. Asante.

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
Stract_Consulting
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 8:15:04 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 6/3/2014
Posts: 58
Location: Nairobi
webish wrote:
Stract_Consulting wrote:
webish wrote:
Asking for an Investment Group.

The group has been existing for 1.5Years now. 6 Members in total. Did their first project after a Year of saving, and the purchase was cash. Now the group seeks to boost savings as part of growth plan. How can this be done innovatively without adding the Monthly contributions?

Something that would be less painful, to encourage everyone to fully participate and raise more cash. So far, in 1.5years, everyone has been faithful to the course. Addition of more members is not an options we have for now (just not now).

Focus is on Real Estate/ Land.


If everyone has contributed equally so far, then it's time everyone contributes according to their ability and they are given shares based on what they contributed. This would encourage the more able people in the group to contribute more. This will transition the group from equal contribution to equitable contribution


@Stract, Many thanks. We had at some point considered this, but frankly, no one in the group knew how to work it.

Couple of questions:
- How do you decide how many shares are available?
- How does the share holding change as the contribution changes?
- If to do this, the groups' worth is required, how exactly do we measure this, because we may have an investment or two, which are appreciating.plus hard savings.
- Most importantly, how do we "Record Keep" shares? That today, Member x had y shares, but after contributing some big cash, his/her shares rose to xx.. Basically, how to manage/keep records/changes.

Any other information regarding shares is welcome. Asante.


See my response below:

- How do you decide how many shares are available?Basically you will decide first on a share price. Let's say each share is worth Kshs 100. From this take everyone contribution and divide by 100 to determine their shareholding. Not that the total shares will not be fixed if members continue contributing. Then based on the performance of your activities, you can increase the share price every quarter let's say by Shs10 so as to encourage people to contribute more in time and more importantly to recognize the time value of money. So if one member contribute kshs,10,000 in January, they get 100 Shares. If another one contributes Kshs 10,000 in April, they get 91 shares (10,000/110)
- How does the share holding change as the contribution changes?Given that shares are allocated based on the amount contributed and the price of shares at the time, then the one who contributes more gets more shares. In addition from the example above, the one who contributes early in the year, also gets more shares. To get the shareholding, of an individual just divide their shares with the sum of all shares.
- If to do this, the groups' worth is required, how exactly do we measure this, because we may have an investment or two, which are appreciating.plus hard savings.The worth of group can be measured on the current share price multiplied by the total shareholding. This can then be compared with the market price of your various investements
- Most importantly, how do we "Record Keep" shares? That today, Member x had y shares, but after contributing some big cash, his/her shares rose to xx.. Basically, how to manage/keep records/changes.For book keeping, it is important to record each persons contribution in Cash, the date they contributed and the prevailing share price at that time and the shares they got. For the next contribution, the record would just to keep up adding up the contribution in cash and the shares. I hope this clears it up.
Be ignorant and ask a few questions - Peter Drucker
webish
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 03, 2014 8:57:34 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 670
Location: Nairobi
Stract_Consulting wrote:

See my response below:

- How do you decide how many shares are available?Basically you will decide first on a share price. Let's say each share is worth Kshs 100. From this take everyone contribution and divide by 100 to determine their shareholding. Not that the total shares will not be fixed if members continue contributing. Then based on the performance of your activities, you can increase the share price every quarter let's say by Shs10 so as to encourage people to contribute more in time and more importantly to recognize the time value of money. So if one member contribute kshs,10,000 in January, they get 100 Shares. If another one contributes Kshs 10,000 in April, they get 91 shares (10,000/110)
- How does the share holding change as the contribution changes?Given that shares are allocated based on the amount contributed and the price of shares at the time, then the one who contributes more gets more shares. In addition from the example above, the one who contributes early in the year, also gets more shares. To get the shareholding, of an individual just divide their shares with the sum of all shares.
- If to do this, the groups' worth is required, how exactly do we measure this, because we may have an investment or two, which are appreciating.plus hard savings.The worth of group can be measured on the current share price multiplied by the total shareholding. This can then be compared with the market price of your various investements
- Most importantly, how do we "Record Keep" shares? That today, Member x had y shares, but after contributing some big cash, his/her shares rose to xx.. Basically, how to manage/keep records/changes.For book keeping, it is important to record each persons contribution in Cash, the date they contributed and the prevailing share price at that time and the shares they got. For the next contribution, the record would just to keep up adding up the contribution in cash and the shares. I hope this clears it up.


Many thanks for your response. Applause . Appreciated.

Life is joy, death is peace, but the transition is very difficult.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Home | . .. Investor | .. . Groups | .. . SME | . . . Market | .. . Club SK | . ..... About Wazua | . .. Search | . ..Sitemap | . ..Support | . ..Disclaimer | . ..Privacy Policy | . ..Terms of Use | . .. Contact Us
Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.